DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro and IPad Air

BFE-droid

Reactions
Recently, I saw an error on my IPad Air using DJI GO4 - "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected."
I looked up on DJI and noticed that DJI GO4 did not support IPad Air but did list IPad Air2.

I've never noticed any problems in performance or in flight log logging, etc.
Wondering what "Related performance" is really affected using an older IPad Air?

In my experience I wouldn’t trust the iPad Air 2 either.
I got an Air 2 due to most people saying ISO is way better than Android.
Flying along quite happily when the screen goes blank for no apparent reason.
My Mavic was close by at the time so I just landed.

Back to my trusty Android tablet & the iPad is up for sale.

I use an Air 2 that has never failed me. If it ever went blank on me, I would blame Go 4, not the tablet.

It's just me, but I would never consider a tablet running Android to be more reliable than an iPad (especially for flight use), and I have both.

I use an Air 2 that has never failed me. If it ever went blank on me, I would blame Go 4, not the tablet.

It's just me, but I would never consider a tablet running Android to be more reliable than an iPad (especially for flight use), and I have both.
Horses for courses.;)
You say “I would blame Go 4, not the tablet “ that's why I got the iPad as everyone says ISO is more stable for GO 4.
I am not an Apple fan, simply hated the iPad and that experience put an end to them for me for good.
I wouldn't say Android is better but I can only go off my own experience, 2 different Android tablets & one phone, no problems, 1 iPad problem.
For me Android wins.

I use a mini5, had the same error on hot days with a mini4. The 5 is perfect in all ways, size performance. Make sure ANY device is not choked with apps and has additional memory space. The MP2pro has a lot of bandwidth with the 1080 video stream and pushes most tabs to their limit.

I now use the Ipad Air 3 as my Ipad Mini 4 produced the same error flight after flight. IPad Mini 4 worked fine for about 2 years and then the DJI Go 4 App got tooo demanding. Ipad Air 3 works fantastic for now.

Thanks very much for the comments and suggestions! I had "strip" that IPad Air of all of the useless apps and turned off all notifications and other "stuff". Other than the message about reduced performance, I never saw any other hint of problems and have only seen it the one time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54