DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro Any Hope/

PapaRick

Reactions
I am a landlord as well as a Mavic 2 pro owner. A renter that has come upon hard times has offered me his mavic 2 pro. Sounds good right, NO! When it is turned on, only the fan starts up. No gimbal action, no lights, no prop start up. I did update firmware. I get an ESC error, with the usual restart the call DJI. No other error code. Any suggestions? the craft does not appear to be damaged in the least. any thought on what it will take to get this to fly?? I would like to help this renter out, but I don't need an expensive paper weight. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Bill combs
The unknown condition of the Mavic is one issue here. No, it does not sound good. I would advise against it.

The other issue is this. Depending on what the future holds for this renter of yours regarding his “hard times”, taking the Mavic in place of rent could seriously muddy the waters if you ever had to start a formal eviction process. My simple advice to all landlords is be sure to have some sort of lease, and never barter for rent. Of course, we do make exceptions sometimes for family and close friends, but we do so accepting the possibility that things could get ugly.

The unknown condition of the Mavic is one issue here. No, it does not sound good. I would advise against it.

The other issue is this. Depending on what the future holds for this renter of yours regarding his “hard times”, taking the Mavic in place of rent could seriously muddy the waters if you ever had to start a formal eviction process. My simple advice to all landlords is be sure to have some sort of lease, and never barter for rent. Of course, we do make exceptions sometimes for family and close friends, but we do so accepting the possibility that things could get ugly.
I would give him money and have 2 separate transactions. My concern really is there any one who has experience diagnosing this particular problem. Thank you

Reactions: Gindra
I am a landlord as well as a Mavic 2 pro owner. A renter that has come upon hard times has offered me his mavic 2 pro. Sounds good right, NO! When it is turned on, only the fan starts up. No gimbal action, no lights, no prop start up.
Any suggestions?

Return it to the debtor (renter), ask him to fly it for you, and watch.
It could be you are doing something wrong.
(Not sure if you know drones at all, or are totally new to them , or DJI.)

If it doesn’t fly then you can’t be wearing a faulty aircraft.

If it is ok and flies / films fine, work out a cash price, give the tennant the cash, and immediately take it (or part of it) back as rent.

Return it to the debtor (renter), ask him to fly it for you, and watch.
It could be you are doing something wrong.
(Not sure if you know drones at all, or are totally new to them , or DJI.)

If it doesn’t fly then you can’t be wearing a faulty aircraft.

If it is ok and flies / films fine, work out a cash price, give the tennant the cash, and immediately take it (or part of it) back as rent.
I guess I wasn't clear. I own my own Mavic 2 pro. his does not fly. My experience with them does not include repairing. Just flying. He knows nothing about it. Not sure how he even got it, Icould render a guess but that is not fair. I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of problem on a Mavic 2.

I would give him money and have 2 separate transactions. My concern really is there any one who has experience diagnosing this particular problem. Thank you
Since you already have an understanding of how the copter should function on startup, your description of how this one starts definately indicates a problem. I do find it interesting that it allowed you to update the FW though. That requires a fresh boot or two of the copter during that process, and I would think that if there were startup errors recorded during this time, the update would have stopped. So that's good news...maybe... If I had to hazard a guess, with no indication of outer damage, you are maybe looking at water or excessive moisture damage, and related corrosion could be generating the IMU error. That is also the worst type of damage to try to troubleshoot as well, and as soon as you fix one thing, another issue develops..

I guess I wasn't clear. I own my own Mavic 2 pro. his does not fly. My experience with them does not include repairing. Just flying. He knows nothing about it. Not sure how he even got it, Icould render a guess but that is not fair. I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of problem on a Mavic 2.
Run the serial? Might be reported stolen.

It might even be stolen goods so I personally would not even touch it.?

I am a landlord as well as a Mavic 2 pro owner. A renter that has come upon hard times has offered me his mavic 2 pro. Sounds good right, NO! When it is turned on, only the fan starts up. No gimbal action, no lights, no prop start up. I did update firmware. I get an ESC error, with the usual restart the call DJI. No other error code. Any suggestions? the craft does not appear to be damaged in the least. any thought on what it will take to get this to fly?? I would like to help this renter out, but I don't need an expensive paper weight. Thanks in advance
i would walk away if i were you,the absence of damage could been it got wet nevertheless its not worth the headache.

Haha. He doesn’t know where he got it? I definately wouldn’t want any part of that
No... the landlord does not know where his renter got it! Not that the renter has no idea, you misunderstood what the landlord was stating.

I think it is awesome he is helping the renter out. But make sure u can make. It work before you make the deal. I would go into DJI assistant and go to first old firmware update you can downgrade to, then upgrade to current one. Sometimes this will work. The gimbel not moving sounds like firmware issue if there is no damage anywhere on Aircraft.

Just because the guy is behind on rent, doesn't mean he is a thieve? Lol
The man's son died recently. he is taking care of 3 grandchildren with no help and is partially disabled. He is the type of person that would give you the shirt off his back. Just found out it was in his son's belongings. My plan is if I can get this running, I will buy it from him, and then help him get his 107 license, so that he can make some money for himself. Thanks for the kind words. I have been down on my luck in the past, just my way to pay it forward. . Just thought others would have run into this before.

The man's son died recently. he is taking care of 3 grandchildren with no help and is partially disabled. He is the type of person that would give you the shirt off his back. Just found out it was in his son's belongings. My plan is if I can get this running, I will buy it from him, and then help him get his 107 license, so that he can make some money for himself. Thanks for the kind words. I have been down on my luck in the past, just my way to pay it forward. . Just thought others would have run into this before.
thats very kind of you. Perhaps one of our vendors here could help with repairs and help this bloke out.

Awesome that u would help him.great guy you are.

Need more people like u in this world Rick aka "mr.landlord" u are a good guy ?

Need more people like u in this world Rick aka "mr.landlord" u are a good guy ?
Thanks for the kind words. But once you have been so low that you had to reach up to touch bottom, you have a tender spot for others. I have been so blessed since my run of hard times. Now in my senior years I just want to enjoy life. Nothing brings more joy than helping those who deserve it. Just wish I could do more.

Not real familiar with the Mavic 2, but on the Mavic Pro (M1P) the ESC error signals that there is an issue with the main power board NEW DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom ESC and Power Circuit Board | eBay
or the connecting cable Mavic 2 Service Part - ESC Board Flexible Flat Cable | eBay .

The cable is a relatively easy fix, the board requires soldering and can be ruined by overheating from a bad solder job. If you know how to solder, have the tools, then this could be a relatively inexpensive fix. If there's no other damage, I would guess it's been accidentally dunked in a water crash, which means there's a chance the drone has additional issues you won't discover until you fix this one.

I buy and repair Mavic Pro/Air drones, then resell them on eBay, but I won't mess with a water damaged drone because it's one issue after the other and a money looser.
I hope you found this information helpful.

Reactions: PapaRick
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada