DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - BAD (puffed/swollen) battery data collection post

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
I am most interested to see how many bad Mavic 2 Pro batteries people have out there. I have not seen an issue like this since the old Phantom 2 days. I am wondering if these batteries can be tracked down to a bad batch or specific date they were manufactured. I know there are a lot of threads on this subject so I'd like to do one SPECIFICALLY with the following information (which can be found with everything booted up and look on the battery section on the DJI GO app). When I say "bad" batteries I'm talking specifically obviously if they are puffed/swollen. I'm NOT after battery info damaged due to crashes etc., just normal use.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN - please only post the date of mfg and number of cycles - save the possible causes and discussion for another thread, I'm trying to compile some statistics.

I have THREE batteries that puffed within the same couple of weeks, they were all made on the same date:

1) Date of manufacture: 7/2018
2) Number of cycles: 42

2) Number of cycles: 51

2) Number of cycles: 46

The time frame 7-8/2018 is known to have an excess number of early battery failures... try a search to get your desired info quicker.

The time frame 7-8/2018 is known to have an excess number of early battery failures... try a search to get your desired info quicker.

I did do many searches and commented on many threads... but none had all the info in the same place as I am asking for now... did you find a particular thread that has all the info I am looking for, I would love to see the searches and/or search words you used. Maybe I can learn something and save myself some time, next time, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Otisangb
I am most interested to see how many bad Mavic 2 Pro batteries people have out there. I have not seen an issue like this since the old Phantom 2 days. I am wondering if these batteries can be tracked down to a bad batch or specific date they were manufactured. I know there are a lot of threads on this subject so I'd like to do one SPECIFICALLY with the following information (which can be found with everything booted up and look on the battery section on the DJI GO app). When I say "bad" batteries I'm talking specifically obviously if they are puffed/swollen. I'm NOT after battery info damaged due to crashes etc., just normal use.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN - please only post the date of mfg and number of cycles - save the possible causes and discussion for another thread, I'm trying to compile some statistics.

I have THREE batteries that puffed within the same couple of weeks, they were all made on the same date:

2) Number of cycles: 42

2) Number of cycles: 51

2) Number of cycles: 46
I dont have my data handy but I ran into almost same situation a few weeks ago.

I had 2 out of 3 batteries swell up, all 3 were purchased in October 2018 and all 3 batteries had approx 50 charges each, +/- 5

Please note that I was used to keeping my batteries charged all the time (in case I want to fly on short notice) and that this probably contributed to low battery life. I may have also left my drone in a hot car on occasion, and live in the Caribbean.

I purchased 2 new batteries and now try to charge the day before I fly.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Same story here with 2 batteries from 2019/06 and 2019/04 with only 63 and 74 cycles so far.
After I complain to DJI, they have agreed to replace the 2 batteries, no argument.
I had to send the receipts, pictures and videos of the swelling

Reactions: sonof40
Hi guys if your battery is swollen or does not work, write to me, I am ready to buy it from you

I dont have my data handy but I ran into almost same situation a few weeks ago.

I had 2 out of 3 batteries swell up, all 3 were purchased in October 2018 and all 3 batteries had approx 50 charges each, +/- 5

Please note that I was used to keeping my batteries charged all the time (in case I want to fly on short notice) and that this probably contributed to low battery life. I may have also left my drone in a hot car on occasion, and live in the Caribbean.

I purchased 2 new batteries and now try to charge the day before I fly.
Frequently in a hot car fully charged will definitely do that. I keep my batteries in a small cooler with an ice pack if it's hot outside, especially if I won't be flying right away after leaving the house.

Would it hurt to keep them in a refrigerator? I have a small one in my truck for camping. What about condensation?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000