DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro battery question

Dave_ed

Reactions
Hi Guys, I am pretty new to Mavic 2 pro and I have a question around the batteries, I only have 3 or 4 flights on my drone and I have 3 batteries in my kit, unfortunately the weather here has been crap so I have had to cancel planed flights on a few occasions, I had fully charged the batteries in anticipation of the flights. What is the correct process for these charged batteries as they are not being used. Should I just let them self discharge to safe level or should I use them in some way and deplete them fully . Thanks.....

Hi Guys, I am pretty new to Mavic 2 pro and I have a question around the batteries, I only have 3 or 4 flights on my drone and I have 3 batteries in my kit, unfortunately the weather here has been crap so I have had to cancel planed flights on a few occasions, I had fully charged the batteries in anticipation of the flights. What is the correct process for these charged batteries as they are not being used. Should I just let them self discharge to safe level or should I use them in some way and deplete them fully . Thanks.....
what time have you set them to start discharging ie no of days,if you are going to be able to fly in the next couple of days you will be ok if not don't leave them any more than 10 days fully charged as you could affect their ability to hold a full charge if you do it on a regular basis

Reactions: Dave_ed
I have not changed the discharge days from what the factory setting is on them and with work schedule it could be couple weeks before have free time to fly again

Reactions: old man mavic
in that case i believe they come set at 10 days so you should try to drop them down to around 65% if you dont plan to fly for a couple of weeks

Remember that if you push the battery button to check it halts discharge until the time you set has passed again. In storage I check mine every 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: Dave_ed
Most of it is written down in the manual but anyway, every day fully charged is a bad day for the batteries. Same for fully discharged.
It takes 3-4 days for the automatic discharge feature to bring the batteries down to 65%, which is the storage percentage, dji says.

I set mine to 1 day. If I need them in 2 days, because the weather is bad or something else, I press the button so the timer is reset, like mentioned above.

Reactions: Gindra
dirkclod, you can always be counted on to provide actual help! Good on ya!

Reactions: dirkclod
For a quick fix I bought the Tercel charger which offers an automatic charge to 60% mode as well as a discharge mode. It also charges 4 M2P batteries at a time to full in about 60-90 min. Also your remote. Works home and car. About $55 U.S.
That company sold and the same charger is now Hanatora.
Here’s an Amazon link and a pic just so you can look at it if you want.
C5F13608-4D89-40CF-90AD-C44461444A08.png

Last edited:
Why cant we have batteries which we can charge through usb connections? Life would be so much easier when we could use powerbank and just simple charge the batteries. But no way we must spend tons of money for next and next batteries.
Skydio 2 shows that it can be done. But ofc dji or autel must get more money.

Last edited:
No. No you couldn't.

Mavic 2 battery = 59.29Wh (read from the back of the battery just now)
26800 pack = 96Wh (grabbed from LINK)

Assuming 100% efficiency you couldn't even charge two fully from your battery pack.

Your 26800mAh battery pack is 26800mAh of capacity @ 3.7v = 96.48 watt hours
The mavic 2 batteries are 3850mAh @ 15.4v = 59.29 watt hours.

just because your 26800 is almost 7 times larger than the 3850 it means nothing because they are at two very different voltages.

Last edited:
Reactions: pross and MGVision
Did you just got to that screen by tapping battery icon, mine doesn't show flight time, battery discharge option, running recent firmware....
Yes I just hit the battery icon and there it is. I took that screenshot from just the app open and not hooked up
to my drone to show him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580