DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Battery Question

Blume TMS

Reactions
So I charge each of my three batteries and when I get ready to use them a day or so later they usually have a 75% charge. What's the deal here and is there a solution? These are less than 2 months old.

They shouldn't drop 25% in one day. In fact they shouldn't really drop at all in one day. What do you have the auto-discharge time set to?
Yes, check that. I put mine to 2 days. So it will do exactly what you described there.

I don't understand... All I do is plug it into the charge and the light on the battery flashes for a while and then turns off and it is supposed to be charged. There is no setting a time.

the previous posts are talking about the discharge setting that you have selected in the app,that has nothing to do with charging the battery
when the battery is fully charged and the lights have turned off ,then after unplugging the charger if you do one press on the battery button you should get 4 lights on the battery this shows it is fully charged 3 lights means 75% charged 2 lights 50% charged and so on

I don't understand... All I do is plug it into the charge and the light on the battery flashes for a while and then turns off and it is supposed to be charged. There is no setting a time.

High-power LiPo batteries don't do well if left fully charged, and so the processor in the battery automatically initiates a slow discharge down to around 55% after a preset time. On the newest M2 firmware you get to choose the delay before that starts.

I seem to be missing something here.... so how do I set or even find any of this? Maybe we need to start over:
what is firmware?

I seem to be missing something here.... so how do I set or even find any of this? Maybe we need to start over:
what is firmware?
Did you get the batteries brand new from DJI.
The setting is in the DJI Go 4 App.
Have your drone turned on and open the app And enter the setting. In the battery tab you can find the auto discharge days setting.

High-power LiPo batteries don't do well if left fully charged, and so the processor in the battery automatically initiates a slow discharge down to around 55% after a preset time. On the newest M2 firmware you get to choose the delay before that starts.

Maybe he is still on the old FW that did not have the auto discharge setting

Maybe he is still on the old FW that did not have the auto discharge setting

On the old firmware the auto-discharge was fixed at 10 days, which certainly doesn't explain loss of charge after one day.

what is firmware?

Where you need to start is by reading the manual. In this instance page 34:

1582387050754.jpeg

And the latest release notes:

1582387161353.jpeg

Thanks guys... I had no clue I could do that (discharge setting).... I have the latest firmware installed and will check it out in the next day or so..... reminds me I got to go online and get unlock codes for the next week in my area.....

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom