DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Calibration

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi, I recently bought a virtually new Mavic 2 Pro and it’s a great drone. Only one issue I’m having, it asks for calibration prior to takeoff about 50% of the time. Is this normal for the M2P? I have a Mini 3 Pro and a Mavic 3, and had in the past year a Mini 2 and Air 2S and have never run into this issue with those drones. This is my first occasion to use the Go 4 app, is this common with this app?
Any input would be appreciated.

What does it ask you to calibrate? IMU or compass?
Some Mavic 2 Pros have a bug that causes it to frequently request compass calibration. I have three Mavic 2 drones, one of them does that. No fix is available, no firmware updates has corrected it.
To be certain that it is a "false alert" go in the menus in Go4 and find the setting called sensors state. Here you will see if the compass is working OK, with a line going from green, yellow to red. Green is fine.
Another test is that with the drone powered on, placed on the ground, then look at the map and check that the red arrow points in the same direction as the drone. If it does not, your compass is affected.
Be sure that your drone is not close to metal when you turn it on, and remember that concrete most likely has metal rebar underneath.
My drone with this bug flies perfectly fine even if it asks for calibration, but I always check the sensors state just to be sure.
You might have a drone from the batch with this bug.

Hi, thanks for the info. Mine just asks for a compass calibration everything else is great. Great drone to fly and it came with the Smart Controller. (Bonus) Maybe I’ll try to reinstall with DJI Assistant and see if I get a better result. Now that I know it’s safe to fly like that I’m ok with the calibration issue.

Thanks again

Mare sure your not turning it on near metal or steel rebar. When I first got mine it used to do all the time as well. Then I figured out I was putting it on the concrete driveway, which of course has rebar in it. I bought a portable (flexible hoop style) landing/launching pad that I put well away from anything that may contain steel, and viola, never had the problem again.
I've seen folks try to takeoff from the roof of a vehicle which is also not a good idea.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I’ve tried everything in your post to no avail. I tried in a wide open area with nothing around and still the same issue. It’s a minor issue that I will have to put up with. With it being a superior drone I don’t mind the calibration issue.

A little tip, always leave your little rubber door slightly open when you have no Micro SD card in the drone. The first thing I do when I remove my M2P from the case is turn it upside down and remove the gimble cover. At that time, I also look to see that the Micro SD card flap is closed, that way I know I have a card in there, or if it's open slightly, I know to check to be sure I have inserted one before flight.

I leave mine open just enough so that it does not get in the way of the closed props. I have once or twice in the past, taken off and filmed or attempted to film, with no Micro SD card installed. Leaving the rubber door flap open has stopped any such thing happening again.

My drone always asks for it too, flys and does what its supposed to do all the time, no issues

My M2P does that about 30%-50% of the time. I usually go through the exercise of calibrating the compass, but the few times I didn't calibrate, it was fine. It's good to know that I can just check the sensor state of the map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout