Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro camera

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Visit site
$999 for a Pro camera? With brand new M2 Pro from DJI being $1,729, that would make the AC body, Battery and remote together worth only $730.

Patrick T.

Reactions
Visit site
$999 for a Pro camera? With brand new M2 Pro from DJI being $1,729, that would make the AC body, Battery and remote together worth only $730.
Yes I know that’s crazy but bought mine for $549 I guess it depends who’s selling it sometimes you have to shop around and not just on the first one there’s a lot of price differences but $549 was the cheapest I could find at the time I bought mine

Sitka78

Reactions
Visit site
I contacted DJI to get information about changing out the camera, (which I can do myself) but they won't do it. Apparently they don't sell just the camera either but they assured me that they working on getting better customer service for us, for what that's worth. I also checked on the web address for AliExpress and the website wasn't very user friendly. Didn't see where there was any kind of listing for the camera.

m2zAL

Reactions
Visit site
I bought a DJI M2P Hasselblad for $375 shipped. his asking price started out at $600 and after some exchanges in PM, the deal was made. It was used, but in like new condition and fully functional. There are deals out there, you simply need to hit up all the forums, be patient and willing to make reasonable offers as well as say no if the deal does not suite your needs. Keep in mind when dealing, everything is negotiable. If the private seller is not willing to budge, move on until you find one that is trustworthy and willing to negotiate and agree on the terms.

As for the swap, it literally takes minutes. The app recognizes the difference between models based on which camera is installed at power up - without issue. I have only swapped mine out once to install the Pro camera and still have the original Zoom camera setup just in case I want to go back.

Although I am unaware of anyone encountering issues related to camera swaps - it’s been stated several times, these are not necessarily intended to swap out repeatedly. Primarily due to the terminations on the ribbon cable and mating PCB. Take your time and use care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sitka78

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Visit site
I contacted DJI to get information about changing out the camera, (which I can do myself) but they won't do it. Apparently they don't sell just the camera either but they assured me that they working on getting better customer service for us, for what that's worth. I also checked on the web address for AliExpress and the website wasn't very user friendly. Didn't see where there was any kind of listing for the camera.
Here it is again. Or locally from post number 11.

Sitka78

Reactions
Visit site
I bought a DJI M2P Hasselblad for $375 shipped. his asking price started out at $600 and after some exchanges in PM, the deal was made. It was used, but in like new condition and fully functional. There are deals out there, you simply need to hit up all the forums, be patient and willing to make reasonable offers as well as say no of the deal does not suite your needs. Keep in mind when dealing, everything is negotiable. If the seller is not willing to budge, move on until you find one that is trustworthy and willing to negotiate.

As for the swap, it literally takes minutes. The app recognizes the difference between models based on which camera is installed - without issue. I have only swapped mine out once and still have the original zoom gimble setup just in case I want to go back.

Although I am unaware of anyone encountering issues related to camera swaps - it’s been stated several times, these are not necessi intended to swap out repeatedly. Primarily due to the terminations on the ribbon cable and mating PCB. Take your time and use care.
I appreciate this post. Very good advice. Patience is important especially as winter is coming on, no real rush where I live as days of being able to fly are limited. Thanks again for your wisdom.

Reactions: m2zAL

Patrickgood

Reactions
Visit site
I appreciate this post. Very good advice. Patience is important especially as winter is coming on, no real rush where I live as days of being able to fly are limited. Thanks again for your wisdom.
Thank you for your information.
I'm considering to swap the zoom to the Hasselblad but I'm a bit afraid, it wil not work.
When I searching on the web I'll see mixed experience.
Also I wonder, can you use the original gimbal from the zoom or do you need the gimbal belongs to the Hasselblad, it is a big price-difference when you order the Hasselblad with or without.
Every response is much appreciated.

Hauptmann

Reactions
Visit site
Since you're not in a hurry, you may as well wait to see what comes to market in the next few months. Maybe the M3P? In any case, time may give you more options.

Patrickgood

Reactions
Visit site
Since you're not in a hurry, you may as well wait to see what comes to market in the next few months. Maybe the M3P? In any case, time may give you more options.
That's true but I bought this1 year ago, hardly flown with it and to sell this one, it is very difficult to make a good price there where I live. (Thailand)

Reactions: Hauptmann
DJI Mavic Mounts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmurrell