DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro car battery chargers compatibility and 3rd party models

Polacheck

Reactions
I am confused whether the Mavic 2 charger is compatible with Mavic 2 pro batteries. The batteries for the Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 pro are not compatible but I only find chargers for the Mavic 2 on the DJI website store. Also, several of the 3rd part versions on the WEB state that their chargers are compatible., Since I have been having trouble with batteries overheating in flight, I want to make sure that if I purchase a car charger that I will not have any issues with the batteries subsequently.

Also, does anyone have experience and recommendations with the 3rd party chargers. Their are some car chargers that will charge multiple batteries at the same time which would be extremely helpful for me. However, I am worried about the reliability of these and whether they can damage the batteries. I wouldn't think that there is much to worry about as they seem only to be simply transforming the voltage and the intelligence in the charging appears to be in the battery and not the charger. As the output is DC,, sine waver type issues that occur with inverts I would have thought would not be an issues. But this is at the limits of my electronic knowledge. Any advice/.help much appreciated.

I am confused whether the Mavic 2 charger is compatible with Mavic 2 pro batteries. The batteries for the Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 pro are not compatible but I only find chargers for the Mavic 2 on the DJI website store. Also, several of the 3rd part versions on the WEB state that their chargers are compatible., Since I have been having trouble with batteries overheating in flight, I want to make sure that if I purchase a car charger that I will not have any issues with the batteries subsequently.

Also, does anyone have experience and recommendations with the 3rd party chargers. Their are some car chargers that will charge multiple batteries at the same time which would be extremely helpful for me. However, I am worried about the reliability of these and whether they can damage the batteries. I wouldn't think that there is much to worry about as they seem only to be simply transforming the voltage and the intelligence in the charging appears to be in the battery and not the charger. As the output is DC,, sine waver type issues that occur with inverts I would have thought would not be an issues. But this is at the limits of my electronic knowledge. Any advice/.help much appreciated.
So I believe the Mavic Pro was discontinued in late 2018. You own either a Mavic Pro (discontinued) or a Mavic 2 - forget about the “pro”. If you have a Mavic 2 it has either Zoom or Hasselblad version. The Mavic Pro and the Mavic 2 (Pro) are very different airframes and yes the batteries are not interchangeable. Now if your looking for a Mavic 2 Multi battery charger with an auto adaptor, I can recommend the Hantora which I have used for a year.
Your question seems to try and differentiate between a Mavic 2 and a Mavic 2 Pro - not possible. The DJI nomenclature has been confusing. I am familiar with models ONLY sold in the USA and another forum member may correct this.

Thanks for this - the nomenclature is confusing to say the least. In Australia at least, DJI list models MAVIC 2 pro and MAVIC 2 zoom. For there chargers, they only list MAVIC 2 so it seems that the charger works for both as their batteries are the same. The confusion is that the older MAVIC pro is not MAVIC 2 pro but then some sites refer to the MAVIC pro 2. which I presume they mean the MAVIC 2 pro.. I think your response has cleared up some of the confusion for me.

I will look into the Hantora charger. Anyone else had experience with this or other 3rd partry chargers. Does DJI have any concerns about these except lost of bossiness?

I will look into the Hantora charger. Anyone else had experience with this or other 3rd partry chargers. Does DJI have any concerns about these except lost of bossiness?
I’ll vouch for the Hanatora [”Yx”] line of chargers, because I’ve got their products charging batteries for every Mavic model I own. The Mavic 2 series charger works great in both AC and DC operation, since it comes with both sets of power cords. Simultaneous charging was my main reason for buying third-party in the first place, but their dependability has me buying them for every model.

I can’t speak to how DJI feels about third-party chargers, but I know they make their money on battery sales, too, which these chargers encourage. Imagine having the three-battery Fly More combo, but you’re awesome Hanatora charger can charge four batteries at once. That just makes you want to buy that fourth battery...needed or not.

I actually have eight Mavic 2 batteries and two Hanatora chargers, as they support mapping missions of large groups of warehouse buildings, without having to await a battery charge. And for drone Meet Up events (pre-COVID), I’m occasionally offering to charge other peoples’ batteries.

39F66C04-CEBD-4C17-AC6E-495376ACCDE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore