DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Distance Test

Amckim2084

Reactions
Alright, I'm changing the description since you were not there. Flight was planned. Owners were spoken to. Not a single town, city, or airport within 10 miles of these fields. According to the owners of these fields, only air traffic, besides commercial airliners appearing as dots from the ground, are crop dusters and there were no crop dusting that day. They never see helicopters. The 410 ft altitude you see way out there is actually 360 ft based on where the drone was at. That happens when there is a rise in ground elevation from the home point. Keep in mind, there are tests done in much more populated areas than this. This is flat, open, and nothing but fields. Have a great day and happy flying.

For those who want to know, this was all stock. No mods or boosters.

Last edited:
Ok guys I have cleaned this thread up. Carry on but please do remember this from guideline #15 it is not the responsibility of the community owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations.
With that in mind carry on.

I like it. I love it when people push the limits to see what's possible. As far as I could tell, there was never any danger to anything/one other than this guy's own drone. Now, if he was doing that over a crowded city, different story.

Hi. What a distance but you are lucky to have completely flat land, I think if I were in your boots I would have not risked my bird just to prove a point to myself, my farthest I ever go is 13,200ft and that's 2.5 miles far enough for anything to go wrong but good luck when you try it again.

This test was done the same day I did my successful flight of 27000 ft and back. This was actually the first flight which was not a success. I flew the Mavic 2 Pro 35000 ft and only made it back to 14000 ft before having to emergency land it in a bean field. I was going for the ditch but the low altitude with trees in between made the feed cut out and I overshot the ditch and landed in the field. I drove to the field, picked it up, and then flew again to get my 27000 ft successful flight which I posted the other day.

Forgot to check the wind speed/direction?

Forgot to check the wind speed/direction?
Actually I did check but for some reason on my way out to the spot, I got mixed up on the arrow and was thinking it was coming from the north so I flew north. I felt nothing on the ground so didn’t know how I got so far at 50% til I got home and looked at the data.

I like it. I love it when people push the limits to see what's possible. As far as I could tell, there was never any danger to anything/one other than this guy's own drone. Now, if he was doing that over a crowded city, different story.
And that’s the whole point. I only do this where nothing is around. Now people who do this over cities or even at the edge of cites, shame shame. It could drift out of control into the city. Mine, well it can’t drift far enough to reach even the closest small town of 400 people lol.

This test was done the same day I did my successful flight of 27000 ft and back. This was actually the first flight which was not a success. I flew the Mavic 2 Pro 35000 ft and only made it back to 14000 ft before having to emergency land it in a bean field. I was going for the ditch but the low altitude with trees in between made the feed cut out and I overshot the ditch and landed in the field. I drove to the field, picked it up, and then flew again to get my 27000 ft successful flight which I posted the other day.

This has to be a wind up. If not it should be removed. This kind of illegal, irresponsible and frankly stupid, childish and dangerous behaviour should be punished, not condoned. Passenger airlines cruise at these altitudes!

This has to be a wind up. If not it should be removed. This kind of illegal, irresponsible and frankly stupid, childish and dangerous behaviour should be punished, not condoned. Passenger airlines cruise at these altitudes!
Ground elevation increased. The 410 you see based on home point was actually 360 at farther distance. If passenger airlines cruise at these altitudes then shame on them. No crop dusters that day either. Spoke with farmer before flight. Might as well remove the distance threads along with this. The 105000 ft that’s on it is atrocious. Have a nice day :)

First we do not call others names here so go easy.
Second I think you thought he went that high but I only see 410’
Lets Think Before We Post.
Thanks.

First we do not call others names here so go easy.
Second I think you thought he went that high but I only see 420’
Lets Think Before We Post.
Thanks.
Dang I get what you were saying now. They think it’s 35000 altitude. No wonder. The flight data is right there on the screen. If I ever go that high, shoot me.

I get scared flying 1000 metres away. She who wields the big stick would be unhappy to say the least if I came home with just my controller in hand ?
No judgement on the post if as stated all done in wide flat unpopulated area.

Reactions: Amckim2084
I get scared flying 1000 metres away. She who wields the big stick would be unhappy to say the least if I came home with just my controller in hand ?
No judgement on the post if as stated all done in wide flat unpopulated area.
That’s why I chose this area. That’s why I talked to the owner beforehand. I did a test here twice before over the same fields. Only aircrafts in this area are crop dusters and it’s not the time of year for them. I wouldn’t have even gone to 400ft altitude if it wasn’t for the trees way up ahead. Only reason I went up a little higher was because ground elevation rose out there and I needed the video feed and connection to see and to hit RTH. Never went over 400 from the actual ground.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Alright, I'm changing the description since you were not there. Flight was planned. Owners were spoken to. Not a single town, city, or airport within 10 miles of these fields. According to the owners of these fields, only air traffic, besides commercial airliners .......

Thanks for daring and sharing!
Don't think I would try it...but if I did, I would remind myself of you landing in the bean farm...and always return with a "tail wind".
Safe flying mate ....from Down Under

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 10.17.20 am.png

Thanks for daring and sharing!
Don't think I would try it...but if I did, I would remind myself of you landing in the bean farm...and always return with a "tail wind".
Safe flying mate ....from Down Under

View attachment 112376
Alright, I'm changing the description since you were not there. Flight was planned. Owners were spoken to. Not a single town, .....

So that is where all this 'crop art' is coming from.....drone pilots looking for their lost drones!

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 10.35.20 am.png

I think the 37,000ft is in distance not altitude...

I think the 37,000ft is in distance not altitude...
The screen recording of the app is right there which is why I don’t understand. I don’t think he watched but oh well ?‍♂️

Reactions: ilkerkrn and ajkm
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_