DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro DJI Go4 Samsung Tablet

Trask55

Reactions
Not sure if I should post this here or in the software section. I recently purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro and have the DJI Go 4 app loaded up on my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Seems to be working just fine but I'm 65 and seeing anything on the S9 screen without reading glasses is very difficult. I've been researching tablets and am looking at a new Samsung 8.0" Galaxy Tab S2 that seems to be fairly popular for drone use and is under $200. I have also been reading about some of the problems people have been having with the DJI Go 4 app on their tablets and the need to revert to older versions of the app to solve their problems. My question is am I going to run into problems with the latest version of the DJI Go 4 app if I load it up on a Samsung 8.0" Galaxy Tab S2 model number SM-T713NZKEXAR. This tablet has Android 6.0

I know that if you use IOS tablet there is no way to save anything on a SD micro, download anything to your laptop (unless its IOS) or be able to upload or download between the two. However a dedicated IOS Ipad Mini 4 can be found used, around $200, and will work GREAT with your M2P. It has a 7" screen and only needs to be 64 or 128 GB wo/ wifi. This is only a suggestion from a Windows/ Android lifetime (from when they originated ) user, that wears reading glasses when flying. Again just a suggestion from experience.

I'm flying my M2P with the latest DJI GO4 app on my Samsung S2, model SM-T710, updated to Android 7.0. It works very well, but only after I disabled local video caching. When I tried it initially, with video caching turned on, the GO4 app crashed in the middle of flight, and I had to execute a RTH on the controller. Since disabling video caching, I've flown many hours without incident. I always make sure nothing else is running on the tablet and have all wireless capability turned off. Bottom line is, it isn't a very powerful tablet, but gets the job done with the above caveats. (Not sure how the model SM-T713 might differ from my T710).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121