DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro drone wont start.

dogman1313

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have been flying near and airport with the drone unlocked from DJI. I just expanded the unlock area and it was approved for airport area. Then I tried to start the drone at home about 9 miles away and it says that I am in a no fly zone. I re calibrated the compass and it still won't start. I need to get it unlocked before I have to do this job on Thursday. Any Ideas? I have restarted , re-calibrated the compass, pressed the set home button. I am at a loss. Is there a way to reset a Mavic @ Pro?

I have been flying near and airport with the drone unlocked from DJI. I just expanded the unlock area and it was approved for airport area. Then I tried to start the drone at home about 9 miles away and it says that I am in a no fly zone. I re calibrated the compass and it still won't start. I need to get it unlocked before I have to do this job on Thursday. Any Ideas? I have restarted , re-calibrated the compass, pressed the set home button. I am at a loss. Is there a way to reset a Mavic @ Pro?
Check the DJI GEO system to see what it's showing
I have done that. I am 9 miles from the nearest zone that requires an authorization. I flew the drone the day before and the previous 2 years with no problems. This is a new issue that just popped up. I am flying in the yellow area.

Attachments

• dji nfz.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 21
I heard from a friend that some pilots who live in or near DJI geozones use Drone-Hacks to prevent the situation you described.
You can tell your friend that Drone-Hacks works perfect on Mavic 2, the drone does not see the no-fly zones. It is not an illegal hack - but you must of course still follow the regulations where you can fly.

My friend is very observant of FAA regulations, as all pilots should be, since they are the ones that govern aviation in the United States. It is interesting that he flies a Mavic 2 and he also says that it works perfectly, as far as DJI geozones are concerned.

I have done that. I am 9 miles from the nearest zone that requires an authorization. I flew the drone the day before and the previous 2 years with no problems. This is a new issue that just popped up. I am flying in the yellow area.
hmmm, I'm not sure. Perhaps @BigAl07 can answer this for you

If you're 9 miles from an Authorization zone that's a problem.

What exactly are you seeing on the display device as far as warnings etc?

Reactions: GFields
Here are the 2 pictures of the drone in a open zone. It is not a no fly zone. I don't know why I an getting this error.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
If you're 9 miles from an Authorization zone that's a problem.

What exactly are you seeing on the display device as far as warnings etc?
Hello BigAl07,
Have you looked at the pictures and maybe have some thoughts? I still have the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada