DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Firmware

Mudbone

Reactions
I purchased my M2P last May, and as expected, I keep getting prompts to update the firmware.
Bottom line: looking to hear from those more experienced about the pros & cons for updating firmware (updated geofence data? LAANC improvements?)
It flies perfectly and I'm wary of new firmware interfering with what is already a no issues situation... IT AIN'T BROKE
Thanks for your patience, I made a similar post a few months ago and seek a followup for any new perspectives...

I M2p and zoom that I have are still back on original firmware.
And………………… they work fine. I would have to look again at release notes to see if there is something there that I’m missing. Keep in mind that release notes are just a guide and could contain something other than what the notes describe. Updates like the one in the Go4 app that constantly tell me I’m above 400 feet and have exceeded a distance limit I could have done without. When I’m flying up the side of a mountain and that 400 foot note pops up on the screen, it gets in the way.
Real fan of the “ignore” button.

I M2p and zoom that I have are still back on original firmware.
And………………… they work fine. I would have to look again at release notes to see if there is something there that I’m missing. Keep in mind that release notes are just a guide and could contain something other than what the notes describe. Updates like the one in the Go4 app that constantly tell me I’m above 400 feet and have exceeded a distance limit I could have done without. When I’m flying up the side of a mountain and that 400 foot note pops up on the screen, it gets in the way.
Real fan of the “ignore” button.

Thank you Starz!

Think carefully before you do an "upgrade" to the firmware. They seem to have locked the code up so once you go past a certain point, you cannot go back,

My Mavic Gen I is still on the original firmware flash from the factory from 3 years ago.

Works as advertised.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54