DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro (First Purchase) Must Have vs Get Later Accessories

RickinWaST

Reactions
I'm in the hunt for my first drone; most likely, the M2Pro. Here's a question I will first post here, but if someone feels it has a better topic area and/or there's already a FAQ on the subject, let me know.

msinger stated in the General Mavic 2 Discussion: "As for which package to buy, you'll need to make that decision."

My question: With the Mavic 2 Pro what are the extra "must-have" (DJI Care Refresh, Batteries 2-4 extra - dang they are pricey, Charging hub, Extra propellers, Landing pad, ND filters, and .) vs "nice to have" and/or place on your Christmas list. Thanks!

~ Rick ~

With the Mavic 2 Pro what are the extra "must-have" (DJI Care Refresh, Batteries 2-4 extra - dang they are pricey, Charging hub, Extra propellers, Landing pad, ND filters, and .) vs "nice to have" and/or place on your Christmas list. Thanks!
There's a whole industry supplying accessories.
My suspicion is that many are infrequently (or never used).
Rather than buying them before flying, it's a good idea to try out the drone to find out what extras you really need.
If you really get into it, the most important are batteries and SD cards.

ND Filters, Spare Batteries
depeds on what you got with purchase ??

Car chargers or multi battery chargers

software and PC for editing 4K video

The list goes on....

Whatever you do don’t. I repeat don’t buy a 3D printer. All of a sudden you need all kinds of stuff. Lol

I can soften the blow
$100 off using mavicpilots coupon (yes we also sell drones not only fix)

a good starting point

drone
spare battery or 2
charging hub
hard case
dji care is a good idea

from there you can always add later

lmk if interested

I bought the following:

• DJI Fly More - worked out cheaper to buy that than the individual accessories that interested me. The car charger comes in handy alongside the multi-charger when travelling to location after flights. Due to the quirky charging that the Smart Controller uses I'll need to get an inverter for the car but that's a side note.
  • PolarPro ND filter set with polarisers - essential if you want to do video and to adhere to the 180° shutter rule to control the light. Polariser lenses are more tricky to use and best used for stills and/or specific circumstances..
  • Landing pad I bought as I'm going to be landing in heather/grass a lot, I could hand catch but the LZ helps show people where not to stand and the RTH function (from what I've been told);
  • DJI Refresh, if you're inexperienced or doing difficult flying then get this.
  • Some blade restraints, otherwise the drone was a pain in the proverbial to store in a rush with them flopping around.
That's all I've bought at present, I've got a lot of SD cards floating around already from various cameras I have. If you have the Smart Controller, you may want one for that to store video but I have a 128Gb card in the drone. The cards are left in the device and spares stored with the case I use for camera media.

I'd suggest spending some time flying and figuring out what tools you need, the basic kit is very capable even if you have short fly times with the initial battery and realise you really need 3 (or more) when the limitation will become the controller! It also comes down to your own environment and what you're going to be creating.

To compliment the above I also have a Zbook 15 for field editing with DaVince Resolve/CaptureOne and/or a Surface Pro for lighter duties. I also use these to create media backups to the custom external m.2 drives I use.

Whatever you do don’t. I repeat don’t buy a 3D printer. All of a sudden you need all kinds of stuff. Lol
Oh My! I know of these 3D printers shooting a lot of landscape images with my Sony a7rII. Thankfully, I have a great relationship with a local print shop.

To compliment the above I also have a Zbook 15 for field editing with DaVince Resolve/CaptureOne and/or a Surface Pro for lighter duties. I also use these to create media backups to the custom external m.2 drives I use.

Nice! Thankfully, I have an extensive background using Photoshop which uses the Zone System. The ZS makes using PS a breeze.

Nice! Thankfully, I have an extensive background using Photoshop which uses the Zone System. The ZS makes using PS a breeze.

I've been using Ps for over 2 decades, built my own set of tools over the years instead of using palettes. About the only palette I'd use with any regularity is Lumenzia the rest of the time it's my own actions/scripts.

Reactions: RickinWaST
if you have a landing pad then you dont really need the leg extenders the same if you always hand launch and hand catch several batteries are a must and some spare props, a couple of spare memory cards, i learnt the hard way, card failed miles from anywhere and did not have a spare with me, you will find as you go along what accessories suit you we are all different and have different needs depending on the type of use we put our UAV to.

I can soften the blow
$100 off using mavicpilots coupon (yes we also sell drones not only fix)

a good starting point

drone
spare battery or 2
charging hub
hard case
dji care is a good idea

from there you can always add later

lmk if interested
State Farm insurance company

Reactions: cmcondon77
Extra batteries and spare props... forget the ND filters at first.
Case to carry everything.

State Farm drone/personal property insurance. Cost me $52 a year and I don’t have any other insurance with them. Definite peace of mind.

You might want a tablet to run Go4, the larger screen is nice to have. Of course then you also need a tablet holder and short 90° USB cable. You can use a car floor mat for a landing pad until you learn to hand launch/land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji