DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Focus for Photos?

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, coming from a Mavic Pro, to the NEW Mavic 2 Pro .. I noticed on the Mavic 2 pro when you push the Photo Button on the controller soft press it makes the auto focus sound then push a bit hard to execute the photo. Not sure if this is the correct way to focus a photo. My Mavic Pro I didn't have that option I had to press the screen to focus then take the photo. Anyone out there know the proper way to take a photo with the correct auto focus sequence? I think i'm missing something here.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I think there are a few options. Which one is proper is your decision. They end up with the same result. Manual focus is the one that takes some practice.

Like cameras, a half press will set the focus. It might also set the exposure.
Also of interest, if you are in video mode, fully pressing shutter will switch to photo though it won't take a picture that one time. Conversely from photo to video.
Note for zoom: if you are in video digital zoom, switching to photo using shutter button won't apply.

As a new pilot for the M2P I am interested in any questions/feedback from all of you to help me learn this new platform. I have been flying for quite awhile but coming from the Inspire 2 to this new one I wanna get all of your knowledge and expertise. Keep em coming!

While we are on the subject of zoom, is there a zoom function at all on the M2P in either video or camera mode?

Like cameras, a half press will set the focus. It might also set the exposure.
Also of interest, if you are in video mode, fully pressing shutter will switch to photo though it won't take a picture that one time. Conversely from photo to video.
Note for zoom: if you are in video digital zoom, switching to photo using shutter button won't apply.
Thanks for letting me know about that. Another one I didn’t know! Perfect, that’s the types of things I was looking for on here! Little tips make HUGE differences with photography. Thanks DanMan32!! Appreciate your help and especially your knowledge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha