DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro for $500..?????

Old Man Grizz

Reactions
Howdy Folks,
Over the weekend I met a really nice guy who is interested in getting into drones. We talked, and I offered him one of my Sparks as a great starter drone. So he texted me back saying that he found a bunch of Mavic 2 Pros for around $500. Each one had like 4 batteries and a bunch of accessories. I told him that I would be really wary about it at that price but he claims he’s bought stuff on this site before.
How can anyone be selling these at $500??
The site is: OfferUp.com
Would you do it?
Thanks again for your time!!
Fly Safely
Old Man Grizz

Makes you wonder - here is another one on that site

$695

Dji Mavic Pro ready to fly!
Warwick, MA

Local pickup
Posted 10 months ago in Games & toys

Make offerAsk

Save

Used (normal wear)
Dji Mavic Pro quadcopter in its original box and ready to fly. It comes with the controller, battery and charger, iPhone and micro USB connector, an extra set of props as well as a travel case for the Drone and another for the controller. I'm asking $695, but I'll drop it to $675 if you don't want the cases.

Howdy Folks,
Over the weekend I met a really nice guy who is interested in getting into drones. We talked, and I offered him one of my Sparks as a great starter drone. So he texted me back saying that he found a bunch of Mavic 2 Pros for around $500. Each one had like 4 batteries and a bunch of accessories. I told him that I would be really wary about it at that price but he claims he’s bought stuff on this site before.
Would you do it?
Fly Safely
Old Man Grizz
Sounds like a total scam. They will ask him for the money first and then come up with some excuse why they can't meet for the exchange. Would be nice if it were real but I highly doubt it. There is a guy on Craigslist that is constantly posting "deals" like this. He is supposedly local but then mysteriously he is selling the drone for his mother/sister/cousin and they are from a different state.

Reactions: Capt KO
Howdy Folks,
Would you do it?
Fly Safely
Old Man Grizz
And if its not an authorized DJI seller the warranty wont be covered, and you cant purchase the DJI care refresh.

Howdy Folks,
Would you do it?
Fly Safely
Old Man Grizz
Just checked out the site. It is used, and the site is "make an offer". Highest bid gets the product. Are warranties transferable on DJI? I think they might be. The dude states he only used it 10x. Did he crash it? Does it work. It's shipping from Houston, Tx. You could validate that in the flight record. Just have the guy copy and send email. He is also giving 3 x batts, lenses, 4 batt charger, and bag. (sounds like the fly more kit). There is only one I found. They have a new M2Z for 1200 which is the going price on same site. Just remember its make an offer!.

I wouldn't trust a 2nd hand one, unless you could personally fly it before purchase.
No one is going to sell a M2P in good flying condition at such a loss.

There's often posts here on the forum, new ones for ridiculously low prices, like $600 for M2P flymore.
If they aren't a scam, they will be very low spec knock offs !!
They have low spec flight time, connection, probably shaky systems like satellite (if it even has it), poor build.

These sites even use genuine DJI photos in their ads !

This could be one of those used even.

Not much you can do to stop your new friend making this mistake either scam or knock off.
If a knock off, the Spark would be a much better drone for the 2nd hand cost.

All you can do is offer advice, and not push it too much, maybe best t say he could get lucky, but the usual 'if it sounds too good to be true, . . .'.

PS. I just clicked offerup to see what I could find, this came up . . .

offerup.jpg

Looks even dodgier to me now.

They can easily sell it at that price if it’s stolen.
As in hot stuff.

$695

Warwick, MA

Local pickup
Make offerAsk

Save

Used (normal wear)
Dji Mavic Pro quadcopter in its original box and ready to fly. It comes with the controller, battery and charger, iPhone and micro USB connector, an extra set of props as well as a travel case for the Drone and another for the controller. I'm asking $695, but I'll drop it to $675 if you don't want the cases.
Scams

That’s what I told my friend, but I think he’s going to go for it.....
I’ll definitely let you know how it shakes out...
Does your friend get a lot of emails from Nigeria Bank saying that there is $25 million USD allocated to him and he just needs to follow a link and fill in his details?

Howdy Folks,
Would you do it?
Fly Safely
Old Man Grizz
Absolutely a scam.No doubt whatsoever.

Yes, there are ridiculous offers at times on this site. But you have to wake up pretty early to beat the guys here that never sleep. I've gotten a couple myself. Usually gone in a few hours. Good luck.

$695

Warwick, MA

Local pickup
Make offerAsk

Save

Used (normal wear)

This isn't too hard to believe with the Mavic Pro prices coming down. I purchased my brand new Mavic Pro Fly More combo for $625 so this price isn't too far off. If you look hard enough you can find some great deals out there. My advice to you is to do process all payment(s) through PayPal so you get some protection. If it ends up being a knock off it won't be that hard to get your money back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada