DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro frame rates: actual or not?

Reactions
Hi all,

I am new to drones but not video. I have found the MAVIC 2 a little hard to understand file frame rates. For example: recording 120 fps the resulting file is slo-mo but with a frame rate of 30 fps. I would like to post using the frame rate I shot at i.e., 120 fps.

The file I refer to above was extracted from the drones mini-SD direct to FCP. In QuickTime it also shows as 30 fps.

Thanks in advance,

Dek

On M2, it lists 120fps as slo-mo.
Really what matters is playback speed in relation to record speed. The metadata may be telling the playback software to play at 60fps. Not all playback sw will be able to play at 120fps anyway.

"Not all playback sw will be able to play at 120fps anyway" - that is true DanMan32 but mine does. It may make no difference but I'm struck on what seems a locked system or preset of 120 fps. I am used to making my own decisions about frame rate rather than a file that is more like an export than the original video. It's cool though I guess its something to do with maintaining the quality of the codec. Thanks for your reply.
D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS