DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro, hyperlapse waypoints

Ralph thompson

Reactions
I use the Smart Controller. With hyperlapse waypoints I get weird errors, angle too small, angle too large. Anyone know what’s going on here? I see lots of hyperlapse videos where the drone has yawed through large angles or just dollied out but I get these errors.

I did my first hyperlapse last eek and I got these warnings too. They were just warning though and it didn't disallow (double negative?) me from setting the points. Just showed the warning on the screen but let me set them anyway. I barley had any movement as well. Simply pushed in and raised alltitude. The gimbal tilted about 25 degrees between only 2 points.

Ok I’ll have to try it again, I thought I was a critical error. Guess it’s just an advisory

Yeah it seems that way, but I'm not sure what its talking about. As you mentioned it's not an extreme change we are asking it to do, so I am curious what it is advising about

The manual has some things to say about being too close to an object, saying that the end result may not look to good, the tracking my not be desirable. And they're right. The videos I've seen that are successful are also taken from farther away, higher in the sky.

It could be the tight corners at waypoints are the same thing -- they know that the don't turn out well, so advise you to use a less extreme setting.

It's possible that with the 2-second (or more) travel between shots, that tight pivot movement at a waypoint is just too jittery. Compare this to a video that is recording at least 24 frames per second.

Chris

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll