DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Inconsistent Firmware

Hank Fink

Reactions
Hello all, I'm looking for a bit of help if you can. I flew my drone earlier today, probably 1:30 my time or so. It said inconsistent firmware, but I disregarded it and flew for 6 or 7 minutes and had no issues. It is now about 7 PM and I want to fly it again, still inconsistent firmware, but when I launch the video feed is a gray/black screen rather than the camera view. Anyone know what this issue is?
Thanks

Well because I am a 15 year old kid living on a dairy farm and I needed it to check on something and I had a busy rest of the afternoon so I forgot to update it. I have updated it by now but haven't tried it yet.

Updates are not mandatory.
And doubtful that a firmware issue is the cause of your screen problem.

Hmm that's weird. It's the first time I've ever had it do that. I guess I'll have to try it now that I've updated firmware and see if it changes. I also wonder if maybe because I was in low light?

Most times when you see the inconsistent firmware message, it’s a battery that wants a bit of your time.
If you have a little more info on your screen problem, someone may know how to fix it. What device are you using?

Reactions: Hank Fink
There is no problem with not updating firmware. But might not be a good idea to update some devices (AC, RC and 1 battery), and then not updating the other batteries. Hence inconsistent firmware warning.
As for dark screen, it's probably low light.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. For my screen I am using the DJI Smart Controller. I have not had any problems with it until last night when the live camera view went gray. Another possibility is that I left the remote outside with my dad for a minute while I went back inside to grab an SD card ?. When I came back out I started my drone I believe before I was in range of the controller for them to pair. The screen worked before I put the card in and reconnected, but afterwards it didn't.

Hello. I too have experienced the same issue (no video feed from Mav2 pro to SC) on occasion and randomly at startup since I’ve had my smart controller (going on 6 months with smart controller now). Usually a complete power down of both usually fixes the problem. Sometimes a 2nd complete power and power down was needed. I’ve read about others experiencing the same issue occasionally. Haven’t found a fix or a cause yet. Sorry not much help but just letting you know you’re not alone. Also both my Mav2 pro and SC were on most recent firmware update at the time. I do however need to update to this most recent firmware that was just released a few days ago and maybe my issue will go away.

I am using Enterprise pre-heated Mavic 2 batteries on Mavic 2 Pro and the problem is that if I update firmware , I lose this feature because update will remove this feature if battery is not in Enterprise edition of Mavic 2 Pro.
Any ideas how to upgrade battery firmware and kepp this pre-heating feature, on Mavic 2 Pro ?

As far as I know, you can use the batteries but their heating will not work automatically anyway, ie you can control it once manually but unlike the Enterprise it would not self regulate.

Can't find the link in the DJI forum, but it has been stated, that this feature never really worked on the Pro. I am curious to find out ...

All of the comments from DJI's side state, that considering power only, they are fully compatible. But manual heat and auto heat may work or not.

I cite from November 2018:
1. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom without refreshing the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the self-heating feature is available.
2. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the consistent firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the manual heating is available but not the auto heating.
3. Whether the firmware of Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will keep consistent, we do not have the related info at the moment, please note the future release.
Source: M2E self heating batteries

Later posts of July 2019 state that auto heat will not work:

I wonder, how you are able to start with an inconsistent firmware of the battery?
The statement is not really clear. If the auto heat is fully controlled by the battery itself and if you only need it prior to the flight, I would assume, there's no problem. Or did DJI alter the Pro's/Zoom's firmware to fully support it?

While flying all batteries generate heat through discharging.

Sorry for not being any more helpful.

Last edited:
I must say this is confusing.
In first link under 2) it is stated that you can update battery firmware with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and self-heating will work but manually...you need to push battery button 5 times to trigger this function. But then this guy Steven in this second link does not provide such statement but then again guy who asked this tried and said that manual heating is working.

Anyway, I am able to fly with inconsistent firmware of the battery just fine. Obviously I need to research this matter further.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest