DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro jerks when going to the next litchiwaypoint

lwbeasley

Reactions
This is a simple mission setup using only two waypoints, dropped while in flight, and one action. Auto record is set to on, flight speed is around 2m/sec. I fly to waypoint one at 3m and the Mavic 2 Pro turns and pauses for 20 seconds. The second point is maybe 30m behind and at a height of 15m. It all works as planned except at the point the 20 second pause ends and the drone continues on to P2. The drone jerks hard a couple of times before resuming the mission very smoothly on to P2. I have already tried using POIs with no luck.

My Mavic 1 (destroyed) with Litchi might have done the same thing, or even my Phantom 3 4K which I haven’t tried. If no one has any suggestions or solutions, I can edit those couple of seconds out but I am hoping there is a better solution I have not found.

Jerky motions are one of the negative aspects of Litchi's simplicity. I know that Dronelink is more sophisticated in terms of how you can control your drone, gimbal and camera, but the learning curve is very very steep, even for simple missions.

The only thing I can think of is experimenting with changing to POI modes from POI to interpolation or even manual. Have you tried writing to Litchi tech support?

Reactions: lwbeasley
I had this happen once to me while using Litchi. In my case it was because I was too close to an obstacle (actually about 30ft away) and it seems like the drone/program had to stop for a moment and then with a sudden jerk resume the mission. I moved the waypoint further away and it solved the problem.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I had this happen once to me while using Litchi. In my case it was because I was too close to an obstacle (actually about 30ft away) and it seems like the drone/program had to stop for a moment and then with a sudden jerk resume the mission. I moved the waypoint further away and it solved the problem.

Thanks, I will give that a try

I fly a lot with Litchi and have not had the problems you talked about. Are you doing straight corners or rounded corners?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird