DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro losing signal

CoreyD

Reactions
I’ve posted on here before about this but I have a small clip I wanted to share for some feedback. In this clip I am standing right behind the aircraft. There is no weird interference here. I have flown here plenty of times before and we just flew a mini 2 with no issue. As you can see in the clip the HD signal drops out and the GPS and then the RC as well.

Assuming you have the antenna correctly deployed as per page 45 of the manual?

0e3e803840ae50e82b8a506141fc98f3.jpg

Has this always been the case with this aircraft/controller?

It’s hard to say if it’s a receiver problem with the controller or a transmission issue with the aircraft. Do you know someone with the same controller or aircraft that you could use to help pinpoint where the issue lays?

Yes antennas properly positioned although I’ve tested this when it’s working correctly and at 150 meter only lost one bar when I folded the antennas right in, so in theory since I was standing right behind it I shouldn’t even have to unfold the antennas. This just started around 3 months ago(I’ve owned the drone from new since 2018). It’s never crashed or hit anything. I’m leaning toward an RC issue as well. I wish I knew someone with a Mavic 2 to try their RC. It does this 99% of the time. Today it straightened out for one flight with no signal loss. I kept it within a few hundred meters since I don’t trust it. Turned it off and back on and no signal again. All of this start after I updated the firmware on the RC. Tried turning it back to old firmware but it didn’t seem to help.

Have you checked so the antenna cables haven't been broken where the antennas fold ... that will give effects like this.

1615718028753.png

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I can’t see anything obvious, unless one is broken further inside the remote. I wonder if this could be diagnosed with the flight logs. I downloaded them once but don’t know how to view them. Getting late here in New Zealand, I have to get to bed now but thanks for the input and I’ll check back in tomorrow.

As Slup says, a damaged cable could cause similar issues. Repeated bending of cables can break the centre conductor at the mid-point of the bend.

Reactions: old man mavic
This feels like an RC to phone/tablet cable issue to me. You seem to maintain uplink in the app the entire time. It's only the downlink that toggles in and out. What looks like the uplink disconnecting is only the app reacquiring when downlink returns. Classic cable issue. IMO of course.

Reactions: old man mavic
@CoreyD to check the antenna cables have the drone just a few feet away then gently swivel and fold the antennas up and down a few times and see if you get a signal warning during the process if damaged then you should be able to get a second hand RC fairly cheaply ,or indeed if you are up to doing it fit ,some new antennas to your existing RC

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I’ve posted on here before about this but I have a small clip I wanted to share for some feedback. In this clip I am standing right behind the aircraft. There is no weird interference here. I have flown here plenty of times before and we just flew a mini 2 with no issue. As you can see in the clip the HD signal drops out and the GPS and then the RC as well.

I have the same issue with my Mavic 2 Zoom, did you find/resolved the problem?

It happened to me after 6 years owning DJI drones... 😂
Kinda hard to believe on this very strange problem.
I have flown many times from in front of my house at average 1km away distance with 90m ~ 100m altitude. And suddenly, today it gives up at less than 10meters distance/altitude. The last time i updated the RC/AC firmware was more than a year ago.

If i post this experience into our community here in my place, i believe they would say about magnetic/signal interference right away.... 😂😂😂😂

What is this all about?? Is this about material quality?? Or even by design that dji make them to be worn in a certain of time??? 😁

Mavic2zoom :
Bought at 2019.
Controller battery problem at 2020.
And now transmission problem at 2022.

...suddenly, today it gives up at less than 10meters distance/altitude.

What is this all about?? Is this about material quality??
Have you checked the RC antennas ... look at post --> #4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143