DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro low light performance is awesome! This hyperlapse compilation took no editing, straight out of my iphone.

Amazing! I love the M2P for low light as well! Keep these coming, they are beautifully done!

That was a fantastic time lapse to be proud of. Thanks for sharing. Take care. Peter

I wasn’t that interested in the hyperlapse until I saw this. Very well shot. I’m pretty amazed at the quality of this footage and how well the night timelapse came out.

I wasn’t that interested in the hyperlapse until I saw this. Very well shot. I’m pretty amazed at the quality of this footage and how well the night timelapse came out.

You and me both. I had no interest in hyperlapses until I saw a good one. That was two months ago and I’ve been hooked ever since!

I really loved the flyover Coit Tower. I'd love to see some more POI and Waypoints. Real nice job.

Being in DC, the 15 mile NFZ means I can't fly anywhere near the city to capture comparable footage. Most of the time I'm flying along the Potomac RIver, way upstream from DC. However, my daughter lives in Philadelphia, which has a nice skyline, a couple of rivers through town and a lot of bridges over them. It's an awesome city for drones. She moved there recently and I got a chance to fly a few times near the Philly Museum of Art.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveCA
That is a great hyperlapse collection, and the boats also made me smile as they turn and drift

I have a couple of n00b questions, please don't shoot me for asking:
1. How long does each hyperlapse actually take to shoot?
2. What permissions do you have to get to fly over SF?

I look forward to seeing more of your work

That is a great hyperlapse collection, and the boats also made me smile as they turn and drift

I have a couple of n00b questions, please don't shoot me for asking:
1. How long does each hyperlapse actually take to shoot?
2. What permissions do you have to get to fly over SF?

I look forward to seeing more of your work

Thanks Andy! To answer your questions
1. I shoot at two second intervals. Most of my hyperlapses are 12-18 seconds each and take 8-15 minutes to shoot.

2. SF is far from any major airports so no permission is required. You do have to be aware of tour helicopters and especially the Coast Guard Chopper which routinely flies below 400 ft AGL but almost always over water. There are also a bunch of National Recreation Area properties to avoid as well.

I tend to take more photos at night than day now. Hyperlight makes the mundane look amazing, glad I didn’t get the zoom!

Reactions: SteveCA
Very nicely done, I really wanted to do a similar thing in Portland OR, but many heliports there. How easy was it to send notice by calling all of these in SF? I gave up the idea because I spent too long trying to call all and it got too dark to fly.

EC875B77-9D48-498B-B0E4-2C4F4DA7430F.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ