DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mavic 2 Pro--Moon Over Mt. Sneffels

Skydriver

Reactions
Hope you enjoy these images taken last October. This is the area just north of Mt. Sneffels (pictured) near Ouray and Telluride. Images were recorded in RAW format and were processed in Lightroom. The drone allowed unique perspectives compared to images taken at normal tripod level. Elevation is over 10,000 ASL which did not bother the Mavic 2 Pro. Sneffels peak is 14,155 feet. I also include one drone image from Moab, UT.

DJI_0144 copy2-2-Recovered copy 2.jpg

Jpeg test copy 2.jpg

Jpeg test.jpg

Jpeg test copy.jpg

Nice photos. However, personally, I think the watermark across the middle of the photo is very distracting. I realize you want to protect your images but the watermark in the lower right-hand corner is sufficient.

Reactions: sikspy
Not really anymore. It is very easy to copy and download an image then using a clone stamp or other photoshop tools erase a small © text. Legal? No. But I have been a victim more than once.

Not really anymore. It is very easy to copy and download an image then using a clone stamp or other photoshop tools erase a small © text. Legal? No. But I have been a victim more than once.
Then I wouldn't publish them in a forum or any social media platforms. As I said, that is just my personal opinion. Do as you wish.

Reactions: sikspy
Very nice photos, and a proof that the image quality of the good old M2 Pro is at least as good as many of the newer drones.
It is still my favourite drone - no RemoteID, no NFZ, it uses the Go4 app, and it is very reliable.

Then I wouldn't publish them in a forum or any social media platforms. As I said, that is just my personal opinion. Do as you wish.
As a commercial landscape photographer, it is necessary to have a web presence and have your images looked at in many different venues so it is always a fine line between having your work copied or making it harder to reproduce. Since this is not a forum for selling images, I elected to protect them at the expense of an annoying watermark. I wish things were different. Thanks for your comments.

Very nice photos, and a proof that the image quality of the good old M2 Pro is at least as good as many of the newer drones.
It is still my favourite drone - no RemoteID, no NFZ, it uses the Go4 app, and it is very reliable.
Thank you. I do mostly still photo work and have found the M2P to take really good images that can be enlarged without degradation.

Hope you enjoy these images taken last October. This is the area just north of Mt. Sneffels (pictured) near Ouray and Telluride. Images were recorded in RAW format and were processed in Lightroom. The drone allowed unique perspectives compared to images taken at normal tripod level. Elevation is over 10,000 ASL which did not bother the Mavic 2 Pro. Sneffels peak is 14,155 feet. I also include one drone image from Moab, UT.

View attachment 157313

View attachment 157314

View attachment 157315

View attachment 157316
Whoa!

View attachment 157313

View attachment 157314

View attachment 157315

View attachment 157316
Did you somehow manipulate or enhance the moon?Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 11.12.35 AM.jpeg

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Yes. The lens on a M2P is wide, 28mm (equivalent), which makes distant objects appear smaller. Hence, I enlarged the moon by about 20% to make it appear normal size. Nothing else was done. The air at 10,000 feet was very clear.

Yes. The lens on a M2P is wide, 28mm (equivalent), which makes distant objects appear smaller. Hence, I enlarged the moon by about 20% to make it appear normal size. Nothing else was done. The air at 10,000 feet was very clear.
Yeah as an astronomer it looked a little strange to me, but in fact the moon was there last October. Perhaps you could blend that square around it in a little better.

Reactions: Jondotgon

View attachment 157313

View attachment 157314

View attachment 157315

View attachment 157316
That first shot is spectacular!

Yeah as an astronomer it looked a little strange to me, but in fact the moon was there last October. Perhaps you could blend that square around it in a little better.
I want to be clear that the moon was not "put there" as someone wrote and then corrected himself. Better to be sure about something before you make an accusation.

I use Google Image Search and found a company whose graphics department erased my corner watermark from a copyrighted photo I posted on a photo sharing site and they used it as a logo all over their website. I wrote a nice letter to the owner of the company about it and we came up with an amicable agreement and license for it so they could continue using it. They even purchased a large print of it as well. Posting images of one’s work is the only way to get business out there, and watermarks do not hurt a sale of a good image.

As for the moon image, yeah- it looked kind of odd but that was mainly from my astronomy and photographer’s eye also. Overall the image is striking and the exposure was good- especially as the moon is hard to get a good shot without over exposing it and underexposing the surrounding landscape.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada