DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro not saving jpeg data correctly.

Harleykidd

Reactions
I am trying to upload some photos and having problems The engineers I spoke with (third party app) are getting this error but don't know a lot about it, but say its a Mavic firmware or hardware issue. They are calling a Metadata issue, but this is the only drone I have seen do this and it was working great Saturday and has been since I got it 2 months ago. I shoot between 130-200 pictures daily.
From the engineers: "We are getting logs that say error from libjpeg: Corrupt JPEG data: 114 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd1. This basically is saying that the drone is having a hard time saving the data as a jpeg. We do not know what causes this other than it is an issue with the drone hardware. We are trying to understand more about it as well to help us pinpoint the problem."
Anyone out there understand or have had this problem, possible fixes?
Thanks

I have not experienced this, but have you tried a different sd card? What 3rd party app is it? I would uninstall and reinstall apps, starting with the 3rd party app.

Maybe try the uninstall/reinstall preferably with a new clean version of whatever app you are speaking of.
I have had nothing like this with my M2P.
What was the app called?

Don’t want to jump too quickly, but if you can view your pics and vids on your computer... I’m tempted to call the explanation you got fertilizer.

I am trying to upload some photos and having problems The engineers I spoke with (third party app) are getting this error but don't know a lot about it, but say its a Mavic firmware or hardware issue. They are calling a Metadata issue, but this is the only drone I have seen do this and it was working great Saturday and has been since I got it 2 months ago. I shoot between 130-200 pictures daily.
From the engineers: "We are getting logs that say error from libjpeg: Corrupt JPEG data: 114 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd1. This basically is saying that the drone is having a hard time saving the data as a jpeg. We do not know what causes this other than it is an issue with the drone hardware. We are trying to understand more about it as well to help us pinpoint the problem."
Anyone out there understand or have had this problem, possible fixes?
Thanks

You may want to remove metadata from the files anyway before upload. Esp. when it's about sensitive data like GPS.
For Windows there is a great free tool that does it in a matter of seconds with hundreds of images: IrfanView.
If it still doesn't work then: You know at least, the fault is not on your side ;-)

Thomas
Maybe try the uninstall/reinstall preferably with a new clean version of whatever app you are speaking of.
I have had nothing like this with my M2P.
What was the app called?

Don’t want to jump too quickly, but if you can view your pics and vids on your computer... I’m tempted to call the explanation you got fertilizer.
Thanks Thomas,
Yes we could see pictures on our computers. The App we use is called IMGING it is a software our drones interface with that produces roof measurements and 3D drawings for Solar Panel Installation Surveys.. Our surveyors use the Mavic 2 to scan the rooftop. Wasn't exactly fertilizer, because it wasn't a drone issue, I had 2 pilots yesterday with the same issue, so I kind of ruled out a drone problem as well. The problem was because of Apple's new IOS 13 . Seems to protect their users privacy Apple's new IOS blocks GPS metadata when sending pictures. Well IMGING software requires the metadata (GPS location) of the images to measure and figure the azimuth of the roofs planes we scan.Easy temporary fix, had all my pilots who upgraded to 13 downgrade to 12.4, and the ones how didn't upgrade I told them not to!

Again thanks for your reply, feel free to pass this information on as it could be helpful to other pilots.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thomas

Thanks Thomas,
Yes we could see pictures on our computers. The App we use is called IMGING it is a software our drones interface with that produces roof measurements and 3D drawings for Solar Panel Installation Surveys.. Our surveyors use the Mavic 2 to scan the rooftop. Wasn't exactly fertilizer, because it wasn't a drone issue, I had 2 pilots yesterday with the same issue, so I kind of ruled out a drone problem as well. The problem was because of Apple's new IOS 13 . Seems to protect their users privacy Apple's new IOS blocks GPS metadata when sending pictures. Well IMGING software requires the metadata (GPS location) of the images to measure and figure the azimuth of the roofs planes we scan.Easy temporary fix, had all my pilots who upgraded to 13 downgrade to 12.4, and the ones how didn't upgrade I told them not to!

Again thanks for your reply, feel free to pass this information on as it could be helpful to other pilots.
Good info! Thanks for passing it on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent