DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - not working on holiday! Urgent help request!

Salter

Reactions
Hi all

Stuck on holiday looking for help.

My Mavic Pro 2 has stopped working. I flew it yesterday for around 1.5 hours flight time without issue. I forgot my laptop so afterwards I was using the DJI Go 4 app to transfer images and videos to my iPhone (first time doing that). It worked fine for a while but then threw an error when the files were nearing transfer completion.

Then when I took it out last night it stopped working. The remote controller seems to still be in connection with the drone as it will run in OPTI MODE and I can move the drone up and down etc, but the app does not connect. I never get the “Go Fly” option which I normally am presented with. When I choose “Enter Device” the screen is black and a red message at the top says “Device Not Connected”.

I thought this may have been an app issue, so I borrowed my wife’s iPhone and done a fresh install on that, but things are exactly the same.

Any ideas how I may fix this? I’m only 3 days into my holiday and my drone is currently a brick!

I was thinking a factory reset might do it but as I say, I have forget to bring my laptop with me (I know, I’m an idiot)

Thanks in advance. Happy to provide any more info I may have missed if that helps.

Just my usual. iPhone plugged into the RC and the DJI Go 4 app. Power on order: app first, then RC then drone. All my regular steps that normally result in fine flying.

I was referring to the linking process, are you pushing the button on the drone to relink it ? Are you getting the blue light , ect.

Off the wall but have you tried using the usb on the bottom and hooking into your phone. Course you got to unplug the side port into the TX.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I was referring to the linking process, are you pushing the button on the drone to relink it ? Are you getting the blue light , ect.
Yeah lights on the drone battery working as normal. I just do a short push then a long push. Is there another thing I could be doing?

Off the wall but have you tried using the usb on the bottom and hooking into your phone. Course you got to unplug the side port into the TX.
Sorry mate you’ve lost me here. Would this be running a cable direct from the drone to my phone?

Sorry mate you’ve lost me here. Would this be running a cable direct from the drone to my phone?
Bottom of controller to your phone . When my device won't connect the cable is the first thing I check .

Reactions: WAXMAN
Ok, I tried following the tutorial and it’s still the same. It says it’s connected, then still displays the CONNECTING message on the RC. Any ideas?696526A7-B81A-40E3-A925-1DEEC9293544.jpeg

I would shut everything down, unplug all the cables, plug them all back in, fire up the Go4 app, turn on the RC, turn in the drone. I have had cables go bad, just like that, one day working, next day kaput.
After that, try re-binding your RC to the aircraft. Sometimes I have just unplugged the cable from the phone/i Pad, and everything got groovy again. Good luck.

This pic shows a IMU error. The IMU needs to be recalibrated. You will not get the " go fly" until it is showing "Normal".

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=e9wtXeDPLpG7tQaN05hY&q=how+to+calibrate+IMU+"mavic+2+Pro"&oq=how+to+calibrate+IMU+"mavic+2+Pro"&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30.1460.20521..21015...2.0..0.238.2203.31j2j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0j0i131.2uc3HXbakvo#kpvalbx=1

EDIT:
I just noticed something else. "Overall Status" is showing "normal" which should not be if the IMU shows an error. If calibrating the IMU does not fix it, you may have an internal problem.

Last edited:
The IMU error means nothing since the app has no connection to the aircraft in the first place.

The IMU error means nothing since the app has no connection to the aircraft in the first place.
It is at least partially connected or the RC would be showing "Connecting" not the data it shows (NO RC SIGNL). How would it know the Compass is ok and the IMU is not?

I still think it is worth a try...

The controller is, the phone isn't. Any messages are likely irrelevant. And if the phone isn't connected he can't initiate an IMU cal anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000