Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic 2 Pro Overheat?

Has your Mavic 2 Pro overheated and crashed?

• No after less than 10 successful flights.

Votes: 56 60.2%
  • No after less than 20 successful flights.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • No after less than 30 successful flights.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Yes after less than 10 flights.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Yes after less than 20 flights.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Yes after less than 30 flights.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
Responding to a new claim that a members M2P had a processor chip overheat in his bird. Bird shut off and crashed to the ground. Anyone else have this happen?

***IF YOU VOTE YES TO ANY CHOICE AND IT DID OVERHEAT OR CRASH, PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF AND WHAT HAPPENED.***

Original post, the first I have seen about this instance:

Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited:

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
I really hope this poll turns out to be unnecessary.
Time will tell. I like to dispel rumors before they are repeated enough that people believe them to be true. If this did actually happen to the OP, and is happening to others, people need to know. If it's just more click bait, we need to know that too.

dekip

Responding to a new claim that a members M2P had a processor chip overheat in his bird. Bird shut off and crashed to the ground. Anyone else have this happen?

Original post, the first I have seen about this instance:

Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!
Have faith Mavics are worth any headaches as they change the rules of capturing good video without great resources. Hang in there

Have faith Mavics are worth any headaches as they change the rules of capturing good video without great resources. Hang in there
I just cant believe how HORRIBLE their customer service is, I’ve never had to deal with them before and jeez they are not helpful!

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
I just cant believe how HORRIBLE their customer service is, I’ve never had to deal with them before and jeez they are not helpful!
Give them a chance. You should get an email from them in 2 days, then a return label.

dekip

I had early issues and got frsutrated as tto was dealing with DJI direct. Then I sucked it up and did what I should of done and went to Drone Nerds (Thunderdrones seems to make lots of peeps happy too) and chalked it up to experience. Should I really of expected great tech service from a China based company? I concluded this was on me. Good news is the forum your at will be a good friend. I have learned SO much from others experience and often their errors. It will be worth it they are amazing

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
It turns on then shuts off, the battery stayed in and the props are fine they weren’t spinning at the time of crash just scratched up a little.

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
It turns on then shuts off, the battery stayed in and the props are fine they weren’t spinning at the time of crash just scratched up a little.
Did you try taking the battery out? Can you see how much charge it has left in it?

Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor
Loc
Duluth, Georgia
I believe the battery had 82% charge left when I pulled it.
Please keep us updated when you get a shipping label from DJI.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lewberry6