DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Parachute?

wingbotics

Reactions
Well, being in a long weekend, so I am surfing around for accessories for my drones.

Here, I just saw the product Manti in Ebay for Mavic drones, weighing ~47g and reusable at less than $80 (a fraction of the cost of the drone). I will definitely be interested in it as a cheap insurance for unexpected if it works.

I want to know if anyone bought one or even better if someone had already tested it (deploying the parachute in fly to see it decending) out as a guinea-pig. :)

Is there anything that I have to concern besides the possibility of tangling by the propellers?

This is the link:

Thanks.

Well, being in a long weekend, so I am surfing around for accessories for my drones.

Here, I just saw the product Manti in Ebay for Mavic drones, weighing ~47g and reusable at less than $80 (a fraction of the cost of the drone). I will definitely be interested in it as a cheap insurance for unexpected if it works.

I want to know if anyone bought one or even better if someone had already tested it (deploying the parachute in fly to see it decending) out as a guinea-pig. :)

Is there anything that I have to concern besides the possibility of tangling by the propellers?

This is the link:

Thanks.

So we were quick to try out the more expensive parachutes and here is what we learned.

1. You are likely to experience Drift : This can be bad news if your in a safe area but the wind catches it and now its over the highway about to land with you having no control.

2. The drone is likely to get damaged when landing . So you pay a heavy price on a practice test.

3. That it was was annoying to have to deal with on every flight.

4. With that said if your careful not fly to high go to far , walk a thin line provide a ton of room for drift it can work out ok.

So that was with the Premiere Parachute and not this one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain and float on water.

I think the issue is that it might be triggered automatically, which could also happen unexpectedly.

Reactions: DanaMc
I’d like the idea here. But I’ll wait and see some tests before I’ll act. False triggers, being stuck with the props and landing speed are some of the concerns. For example, 4.8m/s descending speed, what damage will it do, etc...

Yep, that’s what I’m waiting for some guinea-pigs because it costs to do experiments like this. As far as taking the time to prepare for flying with the device, I’m OK with it. Better safe than sorry. If for real problem in fly, to save the drone by deploying the parachute, drifting is likely the last thing to worry cuz either way, nothing you can do except of hoping the slow descend to salvage the investment. About the premiere parachute, how expensive is it. What the decending speed is it? Thank you.

2. The drone is likely to get damaged when landing . So you pay a heavy price on a practice test.

3. That it was was annoying to have to deal with on every flight.

4. With that said if your careful not fly to high go to far , walk a thin line provide a ton of room for drift it can work out ok.

So that was with the Premiere Parachute ...

Last edited:
Yep, that’s what I’m waiting for some guinea-pigs because it costs to do experiments like this. As far as taking the time to prepare for flying with the device, I’m OK with it. Better save than sorry. If for real problem in fly, to save the drone by deploying the parachute, drifting is likely the last thing to worry cuz either way, nothing you can do except of hoping the slow descend to salvage the investment. About the premiere parachute, how expensive is it. What the decending speed is it? Thank you.

Drifting is the only thing to worry about because you may be flying in a safe are but drift off and land into the highway with on coming cars going 75 mph plus . This is why we ended our time with the Chutes after the first scare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
You are really pushing the hot button on the scary thing about highway. What's the odd chance of landing there on a freeway on top of an incident by drifting? Just funny! Is your drone a traffic cop or something on that nature? I don't fly close to that kind of proximity, with an incident and being blown right on to the freeway with 75mph traffic. Yes, stochastically possible but not the "only thing to worry"! Anyway, I am not buying the device as yet nor am I buying your point here since it isn't convincing! I will do more googling. After all, thank you for your advice.

Drifting is the only thing to worry about because you may be flying in a safe are but drift off and land into the highway with on coming cars going 75 mph plus .

Reactions: Rudiger
Just did some youtubing...
This guy used his $2K drone to do an experiment. I know... Different drone and different parachute.

Another about the Manti older version:

OK, it seems to work. I will do more studying on this.

This guy used his $2K drone to do an experiment. I know... Different drone and different parachute.
I highly recommend the Parazero chute. I am using it on M2ED and on Matrice 200 series aircraft.

Reactions: wingbotics
Except of looking bulky, it is a good option. OTOH, the Manti seems to be compact and blend-in with M2P well but there is not enough data on the Manti.
Thank you.
I highly recommend the Parazero chute. I am using it on M2ED and on Matrice 200 series aircraft.

Except of looking bulky, it is a good option. OTOH, the Manti seems to be compact and blend-in with M2P well but there is not enough data on the Manti.
Thank you.

Agreed, I have yet to find a video of a test from the time it opens to when it hits the ground....

If I see a convincing evidence of M2P dropping to the ground with the parachute in working order and the result being promising, i.e. minimum to no damage, I’ll certainly order one Manti parachute. Let’s see.
Agreed, I have yet to find a video of a test from the time it opens to when it hits the ground....

MOS 92R Parachute Rigger

Has it ever deployed?

When would it deploy, if like the battery fell out or the motors failed and there was imminent risk of rapid descent?

When would it deploy, if like the battery fell out or the motors failed and there was imminent risk of rapid descent?
The chute is triggered automatically using independent sensors in the Parazero hardware based on a predefined set of parameters. Automatic activation in cases such as free fall and exceeding thresholds of roll/pitch angle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb