DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Prop Cage needed!

raveya

Reactions
Hey there, bought my new Mavic 2 Pro and looking not for a prop guard like DJI is selling them, more like this here:

DJI Mavic Pro Propeller Cage 134678 - fotokoch.de but that only fits & works with the Mavic Pro so far.

Is there any alternative for such a REAL PROP CAGE? Can't understand that DJI didn't release similiar Cage (not guard like they have) for the Mavic 2 Pro!

I really need that or something like that for FULL Protection of the props!

Hope you guys have an Idea

Hey there, bought my new Mavic 2 Pro and looking not for a prop guard like DJI is selling them, more like this here:

DJI Mavic Pro Propeller Cage 134678 - fotokoch.de but that only fits & works with the Mavic Pro so far.

Is there any alternative for such a REAL PROP CAGE? Can't understand that DJI didn't release similiar Cage (not guard like they have) for the Mavic 2 Pro!

I don’t necessarily see why the M1 prop cage wouldn’t work on the M2 ?.

You’d need to play with the gains to get it to be stable but in theory the cafe itself should fit.

I am not saying I have experience with this nor know how the M2 will react but the cage itself should work.

You’d have to put on the props that go with the prop cage but they fit on the M2.

Now the M1 has a “prop cage“ mode which has already tuned the aircraft to the prop cage but and the M2 does not but you’d have that problem with any prop cage you find and all it does is up the gains and reduces the maximum attitude but tripod mode on the M2 should do just about the same thing. You’d want to turn those gains up however.

maybe it would work maybe not it’s up to you if it’s worth trying

Would be interested to know the particular reason for this. Some special task that you’re doing?

Would be interested to know the particular reason for this. Some special task that you’re doing?

Especially for Indoor use and also to keep at as safe with the props, I know outdoors it won't be that much and sure I have also to take safety first, but anyway, I can't understand WHY DJI isn't bringing out something thats like a cage for the Mavic 2 Pro.

Safety is always the best in my opinion (even if the flight times are reduced like on the "old" Mavic Pro with the Cage on it).

The size shape and pitch of the arms is totally different
This kind of shows why with the angle and it just doesn't fit over the arm
26b490a209ad4d577d00bb854fc0be2c.jpg

Reactions: brett8883

There is one solution here : Cage pour DJI Mavic 2 - Flying Eye I guess with a 3D printer the same can be done cheaper...

I own a mavic 2 pro and a set of mavic pro flight cages. I can confirm that the cages will not fit on the mavic 2 pro because of the shape and pitch angle of the arms.
The cages are by far the safest way to fly indoors and in confined areas, but none are currently made for the mavic 2. They cut flight time by approximately 30%.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Reactions: Marcin-san
I own a mavic 2 pro and a set of mavic pro flight cages. I can confirm that the cages will not fit on the mavic 2 pro because of the shape and pitch angle of the arms.
The cages are by far the safest way to fly indoors and in confined areas, but none are currently made for the mavic 2. They cut flight time by approximately 30%.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Hope this helps,
Dan

This is for MAVIC 2 for SURE : Cage pour DJI Mavic 2 - Flying Eye

here Cage pour DJI Mavic 2 - Flying Eye

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird