DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro recording & focus issues

RokkoRokko

Reactions
I have had my Mavic 2 pro since October 24

01 - From the 1st flight I noticed that occasionally my recordings were incomplete.

Either the recordings stopped short of the 5 min resingle recording block or fail to start after a 5 min recording block.

This has been an intermittent issue sall the way through.

The smartphone recording has the missing footage, so its the onboard cam that's the issue.

02 - also since I have had the Mavic, every now and again recordings come back out of focus and I KNOW I am hitting the focus trigger

The last straw was, after heaps of planning and test flights to set the shots up, my recording of my city's New Year Celebration fireworks came back blurry, which was gutting.

I thought you guys might have some wisdom to share before I send my Mavic 2 pro in for warranty replacement.

Any thoughts?

01) I would rule out the SD storage card first. Test it in other devices to see if it operates in them, but even if it does, is it up to snuff for 4K recording? Could it be defective? Lastly, could it be a counterfeit card (big brand name, but unbelievably low-cost)?

Chris

I didn't understand "Either the recordings stopped short of the 5 min resingle recording block or fail to start after a 5 min recording block."

Focus can be off just after takeoff as camera may have focused on nearby grass right on takeoff, but after takeoff everything is near infinity.
There's a camera setting that will show red outline on sharp images. That's useful for detecting being out of focus.
Turn off AFC and only manually trigger auto refocus.

Reactions: anotherlab
I have had the out of focus problem on several occasions and it is annoying. I now check after lift off on every flight and at times have had to switch to manual focus, get the image in focus, then flip it back to auto and all has seemed fine thereafter for the flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929