DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Sensor Settings With DJI Pilot

MikeS

Reactions
I have been using the Pilot app with the Mavic 2 Pro using the mapping features. Unfortunately, the Mavic 2 Pro camera is not available on the menu. The app does allow you to set up a custom camera but I have had no luck doing so. I have put in the sensor size for the Pro 2 camera and it allows me to save those settings but it doesn't seem correct when constructing the map. It takes way too many pictures for the mapping area. If I choose the Phantom or any other cameras, the number of pictures it will take looks correct. I have tested the total number of pictures by using the GSP on an IPad with similar map settings and I get a totally different picture count. Don't know why DJI can't include the Hasselblad Pro 2 or the X5 camera as a pre-set.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have been using the Pilot app with the Mavic 2 Pro using the mapping features. Unfortunately, the Mavic 2 Pro camera is not available on the menu. The app does allow you to set up a custom camera but I have had no luck doing so. I have put in the sensor size for the Pro 2 camera and it allows me to save those settings but it doesn't seem correct when constructing the map. It takes way too many pictures for the mapping area. If I choose the Phantom or any other cameras, the number of pictures it will take looks correct. I have tested the total number of pictures by using the GSP on an IPad with similar map settings and I get a totally different picture count. Don't know why DJI can't include the Hasselblad Pro 2 or the X5 camera as a pre-set.
Why don’t you just use Pix4DCapture or DroneDeploy that is designed to work with the M2Pro? I didn’t even realize the M2Pro worked with Pilot app at all.

In both of those apps you can choose how much overlap you want and the intervals and all that. There’s not like a predetermined number of pictures to take for each route, it just depends on the parameters for your particular mission.

I know for a fact that Pix4DCapture will let you fly the missions for free and then you can put the images into whatever software program you use without having to pay for pix4D’s cloud service.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm also with the same problem, as I wanted to try mapping in a dji app (and I don't have an Ipad to use Ground Station).

Any hints on the possible camera settings?

I'm also with the same problem, as I wanted to try mapping in a dji app (and I don't have an Ipad to use Ground Station).

Any hints on the possible camera settings?

No DJI app, except Pilot app and GSPro, has mapping capabilities.
Use 3rd party apps such as MapPilot, Pix4dcapture or similar.

Dear Owen thank you for the information about DJI Pilot PE trouble with the selection for camera in conjunction with the Mavic 2 Pro. I was in the same situation yesterday and I would like to know if you have found out more about this? Now I am on the way to try out the the Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom selection. Best Marc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy