DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro vertical speed software mod. is it available?

Pontoon-pilot

Reactions
I loved the sport+ mode on my mavic pro gen 1,
on the mav 2 pro I would like to have a bit more ascend and descend speed. Is it possible to increase it?
thanks.

DO you have any recommendations what should be the limit? in meter/sec on descent.

Reactions: AMann
Be careful with that, a higher descent speed could cause a vortex ring state If you fly it straight down.

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve got my decent speed on -22 MPH and never had even a little bit of an issue. The motors practically turn off and it drops like a rock. But a very graceful rock in perfect balance and very level. If you look at your Mavic motors they are slightly bowed out so you aren’t dropping into your own prop wash

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve got my decent speed on -22 MPH and never had even a little bit of an issue. The motors practically turn off and it drops like a rock. But a very graceful rock in perfect balance and very level. If you look at your Mavic motors they are slightly bowed out so you aren’t dropping into your own prop wash

You are right, it is deflected a bit- but measure the angle and see how you will still end up in it going straight down at a higher speed.

DO you have any recommendations what should be the limit? in meter/sec on descent.

I want to simulate it with a smoke machine sometime, that would be interesting to see exactly what happens and at what speed.

The same parameter mods and flight modes work on the M2.

oji195c.jpg

VRS isn't a problem on Mavics.

Thank you all for your help on this topic.

i've tried to modify the parameter for Mavic 2 Pro with DJI Assistant 2 (Older version of course)
and it works out great! MAX parameter will be 10 m/s for ascending and 10 m/s for descending,
never have a problem for 10m/s for descending at all, but when the motor set for 10 m/s for ascending,
warning messages will be shown for draining too much power...
so let keep 6-8 m/s MAX for ascending to reduce any possibility of killing your drone.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
i've tried to modify the parameter for Mavic 2 Pro with DJI Assistant 2 (Older version of course)
and it works out great! MAX parameter will be 10 m/s for ascending and 10 m/s for descending,
never have a problem for 10m/s for descending at all, but when the motor set for 10 m/s for ascending,
warning messages will be shown for draining too much power...
so let keep 6-8 m/s MAX for ascending to reduce any possibility of killing your drone.

You, and the other posters, make good points.

I would add a caution to consider the fact that when you are descending, and let go of the stick, the drone is NOT going to stop instantaneously. You'd have to experiment to find out how low you can go at the new max descent rate, lest you slam it into the ground!

Has anyone noticed how when descending, even in absolutely still air, you can still hear changing noises based on altering blade and moter speed? I wonder if that’s just regular flight stability adjustments, or counter adjustments due the drone hitting its own prop wash?

* I spilled propeller pitch on my blades, so I have to clean them off with some prop wash. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Skyflyer129
The prop noise is most likely motor speed change to keep the bird level.
I've made the change with dji assist 1.1.2 We are missing a few parameters compared to the mavic 1 options.
It is great.

Reactions: AMann
The prop noise is most likely motor speed change to keep the bird level.
I've made the change with dji assist 1.1.2 We are missing a few parameters compared to the mavic 1 options.
It is great.

Have you ever heard cavitation in a outboard motor? It alternates based on turbulence, I think the drone is doing the same, but as you pointed out before, it does not start a VRS due to the offset angles of the blades. Still would be interesting to put a small smoke marker on it to see while its happening- Maybe a small vaping pen would work... hmmm.

i tried out and confirm.... The M2 is a complete different animal with just patching 3 parameters for Sport Mode.
Find the instructions attached and have fun.

Attachments

• Mavic2_SuperSportMode.pdf
    518.7 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: alex_markov
i tried out and confirm.... The M2 is a complete different animal with just patching 3 parameters for Sport Mode.
Find the instructions attached and have fun.

How much faster are we talking here? I regularly hit speeds of 42-44mph. 50mph would be cool.

I can try out. But horizontal speed isn’t the real difference even if the higher tilt angle of the drone should provide potential also here.

The difference between climbing and descending together with a horizontal component is just amazing compared to the standard sport parameters.
Try it out. It is reversible /standard parameters can be set at anytime again.

I can try out. But horizontal speed isn’t the real difference even if the higher tilt angle of the drone should provide potential also here.

The difference between climbing and descending together with a horizontal component is just amazing compared to the standard sport parameters.
Try it out. It is reversible /standard parameters can be set at anytime again.

Agree, it doesn't make the drone fly faster, it seems like the IMU already limited the horizontal speed, the highest speed of my Mavic 2 Pro is 23.9 m/s which means 86 kmph or 53mph.
I think the tilt angle would makes the drone fly faster when it is flying against wind than the one didn't change the tilt angle.

I've modified to 10m/s after the first week i received my drone and it works just perfectly fine
and normally for a full throttle of descending (10m/s) it needs 10 meters to slow down the drone to a complete stop.

Reactions: flymorethaniwalk
I've tried to change the flight mode to manual ATTI mode, but it doesn't increase the max horizontal speed at last
I remember it works in P3 for faster but no luck on Mavic 2.

thanks works great. No increase in ground speed though, m2 still hits around 73kmph but air speed has improved so makes sense when flying upwind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun