DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro video corruption

mcbutler

Reactions
Hello All,
I am new to DJI having migrated over from Yuneec products.

I have a new Mavic 2 pro and I film in the Dlog setting.

My video is corrupted with the screen going purple and the footage jerking.

If I film in the less intensive format (264 if I remember correctly) it appears to be ok.

I am attaching a pic of my SD Card, can you guys verify that it is adequate?

It was used in my 4K yuneec Typhoon with no problems at all.IMG_2126.JPG

Reactions: Dave Maine
Where is it that you see the purple screen, on the controller screen or later on your computer?

The jerky footage could be explained by playing raw h.265 on a computer that doesn't have enough processing power to decode and play on the fly.

However, yes, the older ultra could use an upgrade. They may have worked okay on the Yuneec with h.264 compression, 8-bit, but are choking on the 10-bit h.265.

I use these extremes, which are C10 / U3 / A3 / V30 rated for 4K. The good news is that they're cheaper today than they were just a year ago.

The ultra is only C10 / U1 / A1 rated for HD

UHS-II cards will be even faster, but they're also quite a bit more money.

Edit: I meant to add: I've only seen purple screens in two conditions: a damaged craft (where the gimbal was damaged, at least the cable running from it on my old Phantom), or on the controller screen with a really poor video uplink connection.

Chris

Hi,

The purple appears on playback with a very high spec MacBook Pro played from the HDD which is solid state.

I have ordered a new card, lets see where that get s me.

Thanks for your help Chris.

Even "high spec" macs might not be powerful enough. Besides CPU and RAM, Graphics card is also a factor, as is driver and software.

I'm surprised the M2 didn't warn you that your card was rated too slow (U1 vs U3). Not so much of a problem at resolutions lower than 4K, but warns you anyway.

Even "high spec" macs might not be powerful enough. Besides CPU and RAM, Graphics card is also a factor, as is driver and software.

I'm surprised the M2 didn't warn you that your card was rated too slow (U1 vs U3). Not so much of a problem at resolutions lower than 4K, but warns you anyway.
I was doing some test shots yesterday and noticed on the device screen where it details the resolution and FPS I have a small red dot blinking. Is this the warning you mention?

Slow SD is usually text on the screen but you probably can dismiss it or it doesn't stay on the screen.
Not sure about the blinking red dot. Screen shot? It could be a warning about a problem with the SD if near the SD status.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000