DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Pro- Identical sites, with similar camera settings but very diverse results in this head on head comparisons.

Grtday

Reactions
This DJI Mavic Pro and the the accompanying Mavic Pro were taken at the same time with similar (4K etc.) but not identical camera settings. Video #1 had a ND8 and Video #2 had a UV filter. Later on, we compared camera settings and there was very little setting difference. We are baffled as to why this huge visual difference!
Can anyone tell me why they look so incredibly different?

1. Mavic 2 PRO:
2. Mavic Pro:

PS: Can I attach these huge video files rather than asking you to go to YouTube?
Thanks to all, in advance!
Fly cheerfully!

Last edited:
Are you asking why the MP2 and the 2 year old mavic pro shots are different looking? The MP2 camera is quite the upgrade. The sensor on the MP2 also does a much better job in low light and is going to look much brighter with the same filters.

Basically...Yes. Cannot believe there to be this much differentiation.

The Mavic Pro video is either badly underexposed or poorly post-processed, so it's hard to make a reasonable comparison. The M2P does have a much better camera though, especially if used in 10-bit D-Log.
No post-processing on either one. Straight off the MicroSD. Both were set to auto exposure.

Without the original files it's really hard to judge. What were the recording settings?
Both were set to the highest def, auto shutter, auto exposure, white balance, and ISO.

For sure your MP has an issue with the image quality. Could be humidity on the lens ?
Don't get me wrong, the MP2 has a better camera but you're facing another problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag