DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro WiFi: -Super- simple question:)

WaldenKirsch

Reactions
I am looking for the quickest, easiest, least painful, most elegant way of -wirelessly- moving all my video and still content in all formats from my Mavic 2 Pro -directly- >> to my iPad Pro for editing, etc in the field. I’ve got the Smartcontroller and am very happy with it. I don’t want to be popping the SD card all the time, and the default method (via the Smartcontroller then via wifi over to my iPad) is kinda 2-step clunky. And Android Bluetooth does not play nicely with IOS BT.

It —appears— that the $29 IOS app “Sync for DJI” allows -direct- transfer of images from the aircraft to an IOS device via WiFi. and the “Sync for DJI” documentation claims to support the Mavic 2. this is exactly what i want:) HOWEVER... i can find no documentation on how to switch on WiFi on the Mavic 2. Does the M2 offer WiFi connectivity? And if so, how do I toggle it on? Seems like a painfully simple question... to which I can’t find the answer. Big thanks to anyone with experience/guidance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droniac
hi, i appreciate the reply.
yes, i’m quitefamiliar with DJI go share... that’s the default way to move content off the drone to a mobile device.
however... two big drawbacks: it only moves .jpg (not the .raw) images...
and it does not move full-rez 4k video..only a 1080 version. bummer on both scores.
what i want to do is move —all— the files i select that are sitting on the M2P directly and wirelessly to my iPad Pro... without dealing with the smartcontroller...and without popping the card.
this may not be possible... but a guy can dream, right? :)
thanks
w

I bought an SD card reader —-> USB-C and a micro SD card adapter and just plug them in to my iPad Pro. It’s quicker than the WiFi transfer rate and my M2P gets to cool down a bit. I also have an SD card to lightning port adapter for my (older) iPhone. Both are great for dumping footage off directly to clients if they have Apple products (and all so far have).

got it. i'm looking for a solution for moving all large files off the MP's SD card -without- popping the card all the time, which is a minor nuisance. not sure if this is possible....

yes, my friend, i have plenty of card readers:) i use ‘em all the time. i’d just like a more elegant solution for moving data than prying off the little plastic cover, popping the card, etc. feels like there should be a better way—either wirelessly, or via the USB port on the MP2. that’s all.

yes, my friend, i have plenty of card readers:) i use ‘em all the time. i’d just like a more elegant solution for moving data than prying off the little plastic cover, popping the card, etc. feels like there should be a better way—either wirelessly, or via the USB port on the MP2. that’s all.

The video files are VERY BIG and you wouldn’t want to leave your drone running while “wirelessly” transferring them. A good morning flight with just one battery can create 10-15 GB of video at 4K. I tried other techniques and learned the most efficient use of my time was to take the card out and put it in a GOOD card reader attached to my Mac. I’ll watch to see if someone has come up with “the solution “ but I tried - no joy.

hey doug. appreciate your sensible reply. at the end of the day, i think you’re right. for honkin big files... there’s no substitute for hard-wired data transfer. the only reason i’ve been looking for an alternative is that popping that tiny SD card... time after time after time... feels like you’re just asking for trouble. i dont know how many cycles the card slot in the M2P is rated for...no doubt longer than my lifetime!)...so i’m probably needlessly concerned. its just seems inelegant. but i’ll get over it! thanks.

hey doug. appreciate your sensible reply. at the end of the day, i think you’re right. for honkin big files... there’s no substitute for hard-wired data transfer. the only reason i’ve been looking for an alternative is that popping that tiny SD card... time after time after time... feels like you’re just asking for trouble. i dont know how many cycles the card slot in the M2P is rated for...no doubt longer than my lifetime!)...so i’m probably needlessly concerned. its just seems inelegant. but i’ll get over it! thanks.
I have changed my SD card at least 2500 -3000 times in the last 2 years on my M2P. No problems.

I change the card every time I change batteries as a precaution against data loss.

I’ve always wondered as well. I haven’t had a problem in 2 years or so. Who would have guessed?
Enjoy the wonderful photography that this bird enables.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato