DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom dual battery

Cpt.Barbossa1072

Reactions
just saw this online & on FaceBook... what ya'll think.... https://www.buy2taobao.com/en/item/575737497486.html#.XIW55LfmjN4
851c37ffdc13cd146e7c0ff1a035e8c6.jpg

Reactions: DougMcC
One of those do you trust it things.
Will the extra weight cut the flying time down so far that it won’t make a lot of difference to flight time ? ?

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
This setup has been around for a while. Never could find a good source in English to buy it from to test it. Anyone read Chinese?

I still can't read most of the details to determine if the $71 matches the photo for the M2 or if the $171 Royal 2 Dual Battery 7900 Ma 560 Ke Hun 43 Minute is the correct one.

If $71, it's cheap to try, and requires no mod. Props don't hit the battery. It is top heavy. At 7900 mAH, fight time should be about 30-50% more than a stock M2 battery.

Certainly worth trying in a safe environment in a hover at first. Twice the stock capacity for half the price or only $20 more than a regular M2 battery! It's not a scam, but I haven't seen any YT reviews of it. If you try it, and it works, you could import them, and sell them for twice that!

Hardest part is ordering the correct one, and determining the price!

Last edited:
The post looks very genuine - full of data, tips, warnings and caveats on how to test, what to do and not do etc.

If interested, choose "Royal 2 Dual Battery 7900...".

The battery case looks handmade although said to be 3D printed, but the edges definitely not polished.

The QA basically doesn't exist as a few customers said it works whilst some reported fire or swollen, and the customer service is almost zero. So quite risky.

When it works, 42mins flight time, max distance is 15 km (one way).

The post doesn't say how heavy the modified Mavic 2 Pro battery is. But for Mavic Air, it's 118g heavier and the capacity increased by 2350mA.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I don’t know about this...

That battery mod looks incredibly dangerous, seeing as it is (1) twice the height of a normal battery, (2) probably twice the weight, and (3) the form of the molding does not line up with the mavic’s fuselage, if it can be called that.

This just looks like a sketchy buy all around. But if you want to take the risks, let us know how it goes! ?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If interested, choose "Royal 2 Dual Battery 7900...".
The battery case looks handmade although said to be 3D printed, but the edges definitely not polished.
The QA basically doesn't exist as a few customers said it works whilst some reported fire or swollen, and the customer service is almost zero. So quite risky.
When it works, 42mins flight time, max distance is 15 km (one way).
If someone like MaxxUAV would make and sell one with quality control for the M2, it would be a big seller, as you can never have enough flight time, especially with a 5+ mile stock range!

A member around here is doing a build, and stated he ordered one! This is exciting, because if it does work, then win. Again, after warranty is gone. Also talk about the smart chip being in it, or not... lots of questions, keep an eye out... some should be answered soon.

A member around here is doing a build, and stated he ordered one! This is exciting, because if it does work, then win. Again, after warranty is gone. Also talk about the smart chip being in it, or not... lots of questions, keep an eye out... some should be answered soon.
Since no aircraft mod is necessary to use it, flying with it shouldn't void any aircraft warranty, as its prior use should be undetectable afterwards. Crashing with it installed would likely void Refresh, but not when flying otherwise with a stock battery. It's a perfect solution for occasional longer flights, where serial battery swapping won't get the job done. Use this battery instead. Eagerly looking forward to reports here, about how it works out, for our volunteer beta testers!

Ehhh... the battery in this is eccentric to the design, specs and more. 1. On the log files, they can tell it’s not a DJI battery. 2. Being the battery is such, its not like adding landing gear, LED lights, or other items... that don’t tamper with the electrical system. All I’m saying is that any modification won’t alone kill the warranty... but any problems, the first place they will go is right to the unapproved parts.

everyone that owns a Harley thought they could tune there bike, and no one will know... I won’t void my warranty... Sad to say... Many are now without, and they bought a very well known product.. Like Vance and Hines, Dyno jet... Anythjng thing that’s NOT a Harley brand part...Voids your warranty. If they can do it, DJI can.
Totally off topic, but if you buy it, you should know what your doing. Personally I’m looking to buy a second Mavic 2 for testing purposes...

Ehhh... the battery in this is eccentric to the design, specs and more. 1. On the log files, they can tell it’s not a DJI battery. 2. Being the battery is such, its not like adding landing gear, LED lights, or other items... that don’t tamper with the electrical system. All I’m saying is that any modification won’t alone kill the warranty... but any problems, the first place they will go is right to the unapproved parts.

everyone that owns a Harley thought they could tune there bike, and no one will know... I won’t void my warranty... Sad to say... Many are now without, and they bought a very well known product.. Like Vance and Hines, Dyno jet... Anythjng thing that’s NOT a Harley brand part...Voids your warranty. If they can do it, DJI can.
Totally off topic, but if you buy it, you should know what your doing. Personally I’m looking to buy a second Mavic 2 for testing purposes...
Agreed. Safest to test with a new bare M2 aircraft from MidCityHobby on eBay for $475.

For the Harley example, I think voiding a warranty using a non-oem part that is at same specs and not the cause of an issue is a violation of the magnuson-moss act.
However an issue that can be potentially tied to a modification, rather than just a replacement part, could void the warranty.

Reactions: Rattydude77
For the Harley example, I think voiding a warranty using a non-oem part that is at same specs and not the cause of an issue is a violation of the magnuson-moss act.
However an issue that can be potentially tied to a modification, rather than just a replacement part, could void the warranty.
Dan, we are NOT talking about an exact OEM replacement. I’m the director of service for Harley... any Non-oem part to upgrade of modify the current bike, can and will void the warranty. The example above is like adding a car battery to a bike! Can it work, sure! Does Harley have to warranty your bike after install, hell NO! It’s not an approved OEM part. I’ve been doing this for 25 years, I’m old... you can’t screw with warranty like you used to be able to! Computers and sensors will trip, it WILL be recorded, and then at its first available time, it will report to the main company. With DJI, that will be when you crash for some reason, maybe not even ties into the battery, but..... will still void!
This is real world example... customers adding a tuner to a bike, Non-Harley, then it oil sumps, and destroys the crank sensor. Due to the aftermarket tune noted when checking engine codes reported, you’ve now destroyed your factory warranty.

Buy a unit for testing purposes.
We are WAY off topic! If anyone would like to talk about this more, please PM me, and we can talk. For now, think this has been diverted enough.
Sorry Captain B!

Agreed. Safest to test with a new bare M2 aircraft from MidCityHobby on eBay for $475.
This is perfect, but it needs a camera for FPV.... I would pick a zoom if someone wanted a inexpensive test unit. Personally I’m looking for a pro, due to having a zoom. This is a great choice.

Dan, we are NOT talking about an exact OEM replacement. I’m the director of service for Harley... any Non-oem part to upgrade of modify the current bike, can and will void the warranty. The example above is like adding a car battery to a bike! Can it work, sure! Does Harley have to warranty your bike after install, hell NO! It’s not an approved OEM part. I’ve been doing this for 25 years, I’m old... you can’t screw with warranty like you used to be able to! Computers and sensors will trip, it WILL be recorded, and then at its first available time, it will report to the main company. With DJI, that will be when you crash for some reason, maybe not even ties into the battery, but..... will still void!
This is real world example... customers adding a tuner to a bike, Non-Harley, then it oil sumps, and destroys the crank sensor. Due to the aftermarket tune noted when checking engine codes reported, you’ve now destroyed your factory warranty.

Buy a unit for testing purposes.
We are WAY off topic! If anyone would like to talk about this more, please PM me, and we can talk. For now, think this has been diverted enough.
Sorry Captain B!
That still could be a violation of the Magnuson-Moss act, depending on the defect. If you upscale the battery and the water pump falls, Harley would have a hard time proving the battery or even battery installation caused the water pump failure.

That was a big issue with inkjet and toner based printers where one refilled the cartridge. It had to be proven that the refill caused the printer to fail.

I know there's a lot of grey area, and grey areas would likely be in favor of the manufacturer. With DJI based in China, it's harder to fight them.

On the other hand, a battery mod like this can completely change the flight characteristics of the AC for the worse. But then a gimbal problem can't be blamed on the battery, assuming the voltages were always normal and no crash.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, has anyone attempted to build a battery pack using 18650 cells to use as extra battery on Mavic 2? What’s the Mavic 2 amp draw during hover and forward flying in stock form?

We are off topic, and invited another response. Again... great subject to talk about. But, we should stick to subject. I do hear ya Dan the Man.
Traxx, please make a new post with the proper subject. Sorry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143