DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro

Leatherguy71

Reactions
Whats everyone using to view the video feed on the mavic 2 pro? I was using my Samsung S10 plus with no issues, but the screen is so small i can't really see anything, so I started using my Samsung tablet, lots of details, screen way bigger, I love it...... but the video is "glitchy". How or what can I do to fix this issue?

Reactions: Haggar and Droniac
I use an iPad Air2. I haven't experienced any lag in video. Only issue I have is even with a sunshade there are days when it's difficult at best to see the display. Add to that polarized sunglasses and nada. This can make it challenging to maintain VLOS and glance at the screen occasionally to make sure the exposure levels are correct, etc. I started out using my iPhone 12 which was way too small to really see much of what is going on.

Edit: If you go with that large of tablet I recommend a MavMount. I've tried several and the MavMount definitely has my vote.

Reactions: Droniac
I bought a pre-owned Smart controller and then also bought the Feelworld 729S monitor. It is 7 inches so manageable to transport and it plugs into the HDMI port on the SC. Best of all it is 2,200nits of brightness. I set it up to only show the camera view and use the SC screen for all the flying data during flight. If you can stretch to the added cost of a SC, it is the best monitor out there and at about $235, it cant be beat.

Whats everyone using to view the video feed on the mavic 2 pro? I was using my Samsung S10 plus with no issues, but the screen is so small i can't really see anything, so I started using my Samsung tablet, lots of details, screen way bigger, I love it...... but the video is "glitchy". How or what can I do to fix this issue?
I use an iPad 9.5 inch and love itiPad in Skyreat Holder.jpgiPad on Skyreat Stand.jpgSkyreat-holder-side viewe.jpgSkyreatHolder-1-.jpg

I have been using the IPad mini 5th generation for about 10 months. I find it to be just the right size for the smaller size remote on my M2P. I use a Mav Mavmount also and the three together work extremely well.

Reactions: Droniac
I also use the Feelworld 729S with my Smart Controller. I've only had it about a month and definitely love the 2200 NITS brightness. It is non-touch screen. Just a monitor. I'm very happy with my decision. Lifthor also makes a mounting bracket for the Standard controller as well. The little gizmo with the red button is a quick connect adapter which makes attaching the monitor.... Well...quick and convenient.

IMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPGIMG_2970.JPGIMG_2971.JPGIMG_2973.JPGIMG_2974.JPG

Reactions: offtheback

That looks a very neat solution. The tablet holder I tried on my friends outfit had the iPad above and the balance of the control unit was aweful, to the point I vowed not to go that route! The fact yours mounts low down looks far better. My solution was to use an 8" Huwawei M5 tablet, which fits in the arms perfectly, and I use the USB port in the centre, rather than the fiddly one at the side.

I had a lot of trouble seeing my Iphone screen so I experimented with lots of options.

I now use an Ipad, and try to find a place in the shade after take-off. I also sometimes take off my polarized glasses if thre sun makes them too dark. I also bought a Hoodman hood that works really well but is somewhat top heavy. In addition to all that, I made a cheap hood out of 3 panels of black felt from the dollar store. Lastly, I saw a photo online of a guy (it may have been a joke) with an "extended" brim on his baseball cap, so I made one myself for non windy days when there is no shade. Bottom line: All work - some better than others

Attachments

• IMG-3534.jpg
    IMG-3534.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-3535.jpg
    IMG-3535.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-3536.jpg
    IMG-3536.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals