DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 propellers

Patrickgood

Reactions
Hi Folks,

After using some time my Mavic 2 pro/zoom, I ordered new props.
But in my experience there are many different qualities.
Somewhere I ordered the props who has screws, in my opinion the best because you can pin it, unlike the riveted ones.
I'm alone in this experience?

Attachments

• With screws.jpg
    With screws.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Riveted.jpg
    Riveted.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 20
In general & from what I've seen during investigating numerous crashes where a prop failure have been the cause, the rivet or screw attachment rarely is the failure point on the props. It's much more common that the prop material itself crack, either where the blade attach to the hub or the prop attachment tabs to mount them on the motor breaks.

The absolutely biggest cause for prop failures comes from pilots using various 3:rd party props from manufacturers that only mimic color/shape but uses inferior/not suitable materials... It's mainly 2 thing's that keep your craft airborne, props & batteries ... meaning that's not there you try to save some pennies or pimp out the craft, I always recommend DJI props due to this reason.

The other aspect that jumps out at me is knowing what that precise angle is that is optimal for flight: how do you know where to torque it down? Then comes the question is that extra torque the prop isn't designed for damaging something.

OEM ... just a simple no brainer. They work, and if the drone falls out of the sky DJI has no excuses.

Reactions: Joethedrone
Have a look at an earlier post of mine regarding non-DJI props where the pin fell out

Thanks for all your reply, but I wonder are the original with rivets or with screws?
And what is meaning 'MAS' ? A brand?
I live in the far east, I don't know where to buy the original ones.

Thanks for all your reply, but I wonder are the original with rivets or with screws?

Reactions: Patrickgood
MAS stands for Master Airscrew. This is a US based company manufacturing props for model aircraft since 1976. What they produce are not fake propellers. They produce props, which they believe are superior to the original DJI products; in many cases that is true. I used their props on my Mavic Pro and was very satisfied!

Reactions: Patrickgood
In general & from what I've seen during investigating numerous crashes where a prop failure have been the cause, the rivet or screw attachment rarely is the failure point on the props. It's much more common that the prop material itself crack, either where the blade attach to the hub or the prop attachment tabs to mount them on the motor breaks.

The absolutely biggest cause for prop failures comes from pilots using various 3:rd party props from manufacturers that only mimic color/shape but uses inferior/not suitable materials... It's mainly 2 thing's that keep your craft airborne, props & batteries ... meaning that's not there you try to save some pennies or pimp out the craft, I always recommend DJI props due to this reason.
I too am about to buy new set of props and after extensive research have concluded that it’s best to stick with the OEM ones direct from DJI. the other thought was if I use third party props, would it have an impact on my insurance should I have an crash where the prop failure was the cause. Worth thinking about.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7