DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 props; how would you describe them?

Former Member

Reactions
Ive had a bunch of people ask me if I sell any low noise props for the M2, but I tell them that the props on there are really quiet to begin with. In fact, so quiet, I think it's the quitest drone I've ever owned from DJI. The only drone that was more quiet was the Parrot Anafi I just sold.

So, what's your opinion on the M2 props? How do they work for you? Do you wish they were lower noise? I like mine just the way there are...

Ive had a bunch of people ask me if I sell any low noise props for the M2, but I tell them that the props on there are really quiet to begin with. In fact, so quiet, I think it's the quitest drone I've ever owned from DJI. The only drone that was more quiet was the Parrot Anafi I just sold.

So, what's your opinion on the M2 props? How do they work for you? Do you wish they were lower noise? I like mine just the way there are...

Was watching this video recently, according to the results the Platinum out does the M2P, which to be honest surprised me!

Should we just be getting Platinum blades for the Mavic?

Was watching this video recently, according to the results the Platinum out does the M2P, which to be honest surprised me!

Probably not, I think the MPP blades are a bit shorter, but I could be wrong. Also, the pitch and ideal RPM on the MPP blades might be different since the M2 is so much heavier!

Probably not, I think the MPP blades are a bit shorter, but I could be wrong. Also, the pitch and ideal RPM on the MPP blades might be different since the M2 is so much heavier!

Yeah, that's a fair comment. Personally, I find the Airscrew props to be a lot quieter than the originals. I'm guessing they'll be releasing props for the M2P soon...

I was surprised by how quiet the M2P is. It is vastly more quiet than my Phantom 3s. So I am happy.

Stick a 170g payload on the Platinum and see if it's still quieter.

I always thought they both had quiet props with the racked tips.they seem very similar to me though I'm not an expert on aerodynamics.

Coming from an Inspire 1 to a M2P, night and day, that’s all I’m gonna say;)

I’m telling my wife to be quiet just so I can hear my mavic:rolleyes: yep she does come out with me sometimes while I fly;)

Coming from a P4 The M2 is shockingly quiet. No one knows you are flying it. It is quite stealth.

Reactions: Former Member
The Air was my 1st drone so that is all I have to compare to. On my 1st flight with the M2P I was delighted with how much quieter it is and I like the tone better, it seems softer (?).

I think my M2P is more quiet than my Spark. Maybe it's the tone. But my Spark sounds like a swarm of angry bees whereas my M2P sounds like a swarm of content flies. Not sure if that makes sense.

In terms of noise, it all depends on how fast the props spin. I've come from a MA, to a M2Z, and the difference is phenomenal.

The MA could take the Spark props which are shorter than the MA, but the prop speed increased in order to keep the MA in the air, as a result, battery time dropped, and the noise increased.

M2 props spin slower than the MA, hence the lower noise. Crucially though, is the props design, as the M2 spins around the same rate as the MP. Having the same prop design as the MPP, means it's one of the quietest drones available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu