DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro's POSSIBLY not writing .DAT files to the phone but Mavic 2 Zoom does.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I have been playing with a Mavic 2 Pro and an Mavic 2 Zoom and I have begun to think the Pro is not writing .DAT files to the MCDatFlightRecords, I borrowed a 2nd Pro and did one flight with that and it seems that that too did not write a .DAT file to the MCDatFlightRecords folder.
The .txt files seem to have been written successfully.
I will also try a 2nd phone.

Yes I realise I can probably confirm or refute my suspicions by ploughing through the DAT files but first I have some quick questions.

1) if I MOVE what txt & dat files exist on my phone to my PC etc. i.e. empty their respective folders, will the Go4 App be able to read those files if they are subsequently copied back into their respective folders in the App?
2) what files does the "Me" thing, on the App's front page, use to create 'my' flight lists? Currently the App can see that it has been used with the three drones and can separate the flights accordingly.

I am thinking of seeing if the Pro/s will write to an empty folder and if not reinstal the app.

I DO NOT want to "sync" my flight history to DJI servers.
With that in mind how can I confirm I have auto-sync disabled? I don't seem able to find anything that explicitly confirms it.
Thanks

Ta Iannes but uuum, isn't that a 'Howto sync video' for 'manual' syncing?

Ta Iannes but uuum, isn't that a 'Howto sync video' for 'manual' syncing?

I've never seen an "auto" sync of flight records in DJI Go4

In DJI Fly there is in profile/settings/sync flight data/ auto sync flight records

Last edited:
Whoops
I of course missed the chuffing crucial word "don't do this", lol, ddddduuuuuhhhhhhhh

Tried it on a second phone, same result, txt is written but dat isn't, in this case there isn't even a MCDatFlightRecords, it's an old install that hadn't actually been used.
I have removed it and manually removed the dji.go.v4 as that appeared to survive the uninstall.

Reinstalled it and about to try the new one, .......edit...................quick test flight etc, 3 new .txt's but NO .DATs nor MCDatFlightRecords folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have the .DAT file for M2P until I sold it and got another one. The folder MCDatFlightRecords is now empty always.

Well that's a blooming pain isn't it? I wonder why they've done that?
On the small, v small, plus side, the App sees the old files when they are copied back to the correct folders even if the structure of the name was changed i.e. I stuck "_S5_M2P in before the .txt and the App didn't object.

Edit......... Ahhhhh, it's going to be a l;ong read but.......https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-2-pro-or-zoom-dat-files.62517/

What is the best-recommended reading that sorta covers all of the above?

I may have come across part of the source of the problem, the controller models.
The Zoom has an RC1A, the Pro's have RC1Bs.
Swap the RC1A onto either of the Pro's and they record DAT's in the MCDatFlightRecords, put either RC1B on the Zoom and no DAT is recorded.

I may have come across part of the source of the problem, the controller models.
Swap the RC1A onto either of the Pro's and they record DAT's in the MCDatFlightRecords, put an RC1B on the zoom and no DAT is recorded.
wonderful finding !

Nuts!:(

It would be useful if people would chip in giving their controller model and whether or not they get DAT files

Swap the RC1A onto either of the Pro's and they record DAT's in the MCDatFlightRecords, put either RC1B on the Zoom and no DAT is recorded.

That's very interesting. I have the Mavic 2 Pro, and the controller is a RC1A. As mentioned before - it creates DAT logs as expected. There is not supposed to be any difference between those models, but apparently there is something that looks like a bug in the RC1B hardware/firmware combination.

It was the talk in the other thread about software versions etc. that led me to try this,
They are all running 01.00.0510

Reactions: sar104
Nuts!:(

It would be useful if people would chip in giving their controller model and whether or not they get DAT files
I have an RC1A controller for my Mavic 2 Pro. The Go App creates the .DAT as expected.

The Mavic Mini creates .DAT log on the removable SD card. Can you check to see if the M2Z is doing that - since a .DAT is not being recorded in the Go App? It's located at MISC/LOG/flylog/fc_log.log on the SD card.
@boblui

Last edited:
There's no "LOG" folder in the SD cards for the M2P's I have been experimenting with but they both have had the RC1A linked to them for their last flight, the only folders in MISC are GIS, IDX & THM

There's no "LOG" folder in the SD cards for the M2P's I have been experimenting with but they both have had the RC1A linked to them for their last flight, the only folders in MISC are GIS, IDX & THM
I was suggesting that if the RC1B controller is being used then, possibly, there would be a fc_log.log on the SD card.

Yes I know but the pro's have previously been flown with an RC1B so they might have had old file stucture left, anyhow.......
I have just put a freshly formated card in one of the pro's, linked it to an RC1B, hovered the drone and shot a video.No corresponding DAT file on the phone and the MISC folder on the card contains only three folders, GIS, IDX & THM, sorry no fc_log.log file

Reactions: BudWalker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121