DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 start to acting strange suddenly

Wiruz

Reactions
Hello
I have an issue with my Mavic 2 pro. Suddenly it says that i need to calibrate the compass. Nothing strange obviously but every time i try it has failed. Now last time it succeeded but in the air i get compass error and warnings of strong winds even if its calm outside, The bird is drifting down and sideways every time i release the sticks. I has never behave like this before!.
I have tried different locations and i have calibrated the IMU and the remote controller . Still same issue, Also when i get full throttle it starts to rotate slightly ,Always to the left which is a new phenomenon! I'm an experienced pilot, I would like to think as im also an FPV freestyle pilot since couple of years back.
The sticks are straight when pushing the throttle so it must be something else.

No magnetic things near the drone, It just started drifting suddenly one day

Last edited:
Goto then center of a ball diamond and do a good one - the next do an imu as we’ll and also calibrate your sticks - it’s all compass related by the sounds of it.

If I have a large watch on use the other hand

Forgot to mention swap out your props and try a new set - just do one test at a time

Reactions: Wiruz
Goto then center of a ball diamond and do a good one - the next do an imu as we’ll and also calibrate your sticks - it’s all compass related by the sounds of it.

If I have a large watch on use the other hand

English isn't my native language so what do you mean by "Goto then center of a ball diamond and do a good one" ? :)
I have no watch ! Same equipment i usually have when i fly but now its not working.

I will try to switch out one prop at a time!

Thanks for that suggestion,Should have thought about that one myself as im used to replace props :)

If you like fpv flying you might like this stuff - Mavic Pro sport mode:

I think he is telling you to go somewhere where the risk of metal objects is reduced like a baseball field.
Keep in mind that imu calibration is not a cure all.
Do some research.

I think he is telling you to go somewhere where the risk of metal objects is reduced like a baseball field.
Keep in mind that imu calibration is not a cure all.
Do some research.
Well i have tried different places where i have been flying before without any issues. I get compass error everywhere i go so i'm not sure. Even at 200 meters hight out in the woods

That's my thinking too.
If you can get a demagnetising device, use it on your AC.
If that does fix the issue, you can prevent it from occurring again by keeping it away from strong magnets like what you will find in speakers.

If we all still had color TVs with picture tubes, turning on the TV when cold with the M2 right against the tube might achieve demagnetising it. CRTs had degaussing coils in them that operated for a few seconds, slowly being deenergized. Otherwise our CRT color TVs and monitors would show color splotches.
Anyone ever try putting a magnet in front of those tubes?

Last edited:
That's my thinking too.
If you can get a demagnetising device, use it on your AC.
If that does fix the issue, you can prevent it from occurring again by keeping it away from strong magnets like what you will find in speakers.

If we all still had color TVs with picture tubes, turning on the TV when cold with the M2 right against the tube might achieve demagnetising it. CRTs had degaussing coils in them that operated for a few seconds, slowly being deenergized. Otherwise our CRT color TVs and monitors would show color splotches.
Anyone ever try putting a magnet in front of those tubes?
Ok so where can I find a degaussing device?
I can't find anything about it beside for screwdrivers so [emoji53].

Ok so where can I find a degaussing device?
I can't find anything about it beside for screwdrivers so [emoji53].
Cfixer is terribly expensive for what it is. Tape head demagnetisers would work. The screwdriver ones would work too, as long as it isn't a type you put the screwdriver in a hole or donut.

Thank you guys for the help, I would like to try the Cfixer but i live in Sweden and i can't find a store who sell these here. Only place is on the other side on the globe so no go.
What are you using when you demagnetize your drone?

DanMan is it sure that tape head demagnetizer will work?
That one i might get my hands on more easier

Thinking about it, I can't be certain a tape head demagetiser would be strong enough. A tape bulk eraser would be though, especially one for video tape. Just be sure to move the AC far enough away before turning off the eraser or else the "spike" in turning it off will actually magnetise the AC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS