DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 tried auto landing then crashed

Gossi

Reactions
Hey folks,

My Zoom did something weird today, after 12 hours of successful flight.

I wasn’t flying in very windy conditions on the ground, but the drone started to drift in the air and I got wind warnings. Okay, gusts, no problem, I’ll lower attitude and return back. I was only at 60m height.

Except the drone informed me it was auto landing, but wouldn’t give a reason. I cancelled it and started to fly back manually (it was not a good area to land in), but it started auto land again. I cancelled it and did return to home, at which point I got a motor failure error and it dropped right out of the sky. All this happened in the space of a minute. Thankfully it didn’t hit anybody and I got it back using Find My Drone.

Has anybody seen this before? I’m getting the drone replaced by DJI, it just caught me off guard the sudden landing without reason (I’m presuming wind, but didn’t know this was a feature), also wasn’t expecting a motor failure like that so soon.

It was pretty scary as experiences go.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen this before? I’m getting the drone replaced by DJI, it just caught me off guard the sudden landing without reason (I’m presuming wind, but didn’t know this was a feature), also wasn’t expecting a motor failure like that so soon.
The obvious thing to look into would be battery levels.
We can't tell what happened from your description but the recorded flight data will probably show what caused the incident.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Yeah, I need to fish them out of my iPad. I can replay the session in flight records, I was at 71% battery when it started to try auto landing repeatedly, then there was a gimbal error, and then “Motor Obstructed” appeared and the drone fell out the sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian