DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 with dji spotlight

Ho3Assassain

Reactions
Is there anyone out there like me whos obcessed with adding LEDs n lights to their mavics ever thought about modding their m2z or m2p to fit the DJI spotlight that comes with the enterprise? And some how turning it on and off? It seems like that spotlight is brighter and lighter then everything else on market right now.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Yea iv had those but their too dang heavy. Causes my bird to throw errors and force landings. The lume 2 air or w.e. look cool but cant hardly find them to buy and they have magnets in them.

Yea iv had those but their too dang heavy. Causes my bird to throw errors and force landings. The lume 2 air or w.e. look cool but cant hardly find them to buy and they have magnets in them.
Are you using them on a Mavic 2, as you originally indicated? The Mavic 2 should be able to handle the extra payload weight without a problem. The mount shown is specifically designed for the Mavic 2. Two are certainly are no heavier than a pair of external batteries which are no problem on the Mavic 2 for extending flight time.

Is there anyone out there like me whos obcessed with adding LEDs n lights to their mavics ever thought about modding their m2z or m2p to fit the DJI spotlight that comes with the enterprise? And some how turning it on and off? It seems like that spotlight is brighter and lighter then everything else on market right now.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!
I have the same compulsive disorder. This is what I did glow dust and reflective spray paint looks like the air2 light grey and mounted new vii firehouse technology lights on back and front arms its almost too bright. ?

Attachments

• 138189.jpg
    138189.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Ho3Assassain
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I have LED spot lights on my MP.

And not nearly bright enough for nite vids or pics unless you get within 10-20’ of subject. They are bulky and heavy..

I have the same compulsive disorder. This is what I did glow dust and reflective spray paint looks like the air2 light grey and mounted new vii firehouse technology lights on back and front arms its almost too bright. ?
That paint is crazy! It looks like sea critters that glow with bio-illumance. I just checked out those firehouse lights n their wicked bright but do they stay on solid instead of flash?

That paint is crazy! It looks like sea critters that glow with bio-illumance. I just checked out those firehouse lights n their wicked bright but do they stay on solid instead of flash?
Spot lights stay on. Their strobes have three modes Flash, Strobe, Solid on. :)

Spot lights stay on. Their strobes have three modes Flash, Strobe, Solid on. :)
I love it.I was playing around with different paints for 2 weeks. Started to find out some of the paint would block the gps signals and finally found on that worked. 2xclear for the glow adhesive and runners textile reflective spray like they use for firefighter coats and runners that do coast to coast competitions. I lucked out and having to spray the paint like it was a vehicle was killing me I was like a little kid on Christmas without the pandemic. Smh

Lololol oh dude i get it. I spend way too much time fooling around with this stuff but hey, im not doin any crime n getting in trouble. Not drinking n stealing n all that stuff. I got no shame in my mavic game. Strong start for 2021 ?? lol

I love it.I was playing around with different paints for 2 weeks. Started to find out some of the paint would block the gps signals and finally found on that worked. 2xclear for the glow adhesive and runners textile reflective spray like they use for firefighter coats and runners that do coast to coast competitions. I lucked out and having to spray the paint like it was a vehicle was killing me I was like a little kid on Christmas without the pandemic. Smh
Honestly looking for something lite and bright enough for a search and rescue drone check these out from firehouse technology.

This one I use mostly for the mavic 2 zoom. It's hi,med and low. Max 2500 lumens. It was made for the dji matrice but can be used for search and rescue. Every light has it's own rechargeable power supply. This way it's not going to affect flight time.

Attachments

• 16107037967373877917365078802976.jpg
    16107037967373877917365078802976.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 16107038240647727114494473284811.jpg
    16107038240647727114494473284811.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Oh nice. Their ads werent too clear about that but thx man, ima take a second look.
I went to Dillon Dam Colorado for New Years Eve for the week and I don't know if you heard on the new about a something flying with light and I swear I thought they were talking about me. Lol Colorado is some of the best scenery to shoot in a drone just be careful of the cold if it's cold enough they will just drop out of the sky. Batteries will freeze and it's like if it were ejected from the drone no warning just bang.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest