DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom 4k raw video not good when edditing final video with pinnacle studio 19

GrigoriosT

Reactions
Hi guys, please help me on a case that I have,

when I get my raw video from my Mavic SD card and edit it cut parts, add music and so on, I finalize the video and it is not as clear crisp as the original raw footage.
The edit settings are set to 4k,mpeg4
Also, when seeing the final edited footage that has fast turning of the gimbal, I get grey pixels when gimbal movement stops all ok.
in the raw footage no grey pixels but on the edited, I get grey pixels when gimbal movement and not crisp clear as the Raw.
I have the same results when seeing it on Pc and Tv screen.
I even tried downscaling from 4K to 1080p and the results are about the same.
I use pinnacle studio 19 as it is easy form me as I have used it in the past,
I know that there are way better editing software programs, Adobe Premiere, or free easy Davinci Resolve but I don’t have the patience or time to learn them.
Can I use pinnacle studio 19 or it can’t support 4k?
Thanks in advance.

Good question ! I am same situation and use Pinnacle also with mixed results. I am mostly annoyed by the constant crashes of the software. I have used Version 21 and 22 in the past.

At first I wanted to blame the results on my basic video card. The computer has adequate RAM.

Only when I upload and view the video on YouTube did I see the actual results.

Comments welcome ?

Reactions: GrigoriosT
Good question ! I am same situation and use Pinnacle also with mixed results. I am mostly annoyed by the constant crashes of the software. I have used Version 21 and 22 in the past.

At first I wanted to blame the results on my basic video card. The computer has adequate RAM.

Only when I upload and view the video on YouTube did I see the actual results.

Comments welcome ?

Thanks for your feed.

I have i5 3rd gen ,32gb ram and a video card PALIT VGA GeForce GT1030, NE5103000646-1080F, GDDR5 2048MB, 64bit ,no problems with Pinnacle crashing, just 4k video raw, edited not as good when finalize editing, I downloaded today Trail version of Adobe premiere and it works great ,finally I believe pinnacle cannot handle 4k even downscaling to 1080,or probably I am not doing something right.
I think I will stick to Adobe Premiere and learn the software.

Last edited:
I do know what you mean about learning curves, but sometimes they are worth the effort. I couldn't get on with Davinci, but I did have good success with Filmora Wondershare editing Mavic 2 4K footage.

The bonus with programs such as Adobe, Filmora and others is that there is a good stock of Youtube tutorials for all levels. I'm not so sure about Pinnacle tutorials. Filmora is very reasonably priced and I found it fairly easily to get to grips with and produce good results. I've since migrated to Adobe Premiere Pro and am very pleased with the results. Bit of a steep learning curve on that one though!

Edit:- I don't consider my PC as high end. Modest I'd say but it can edit 4K footage. Both Filmora and Adobe can produce a low res version (proxy) to edit on, and this works well on lesser specced computers - especially as you can ramp down the quality to whatever quality your PC is happiest with for editing purposes. Once you have finished the edit you then render it to whatever quality you want. It can take some time to render.

Last edited:
I do know what you mean about learning curves, but sometimes they are worth the effort. I couldn't get on with Davinci, but I did have good success with Filmora Wondershare editing Mavic 2 4K footage.

The bonus with programs such as Adobe, Filmora and others is that there is a good stock of Youtube tutorials for all levels. I'm not so sure about Pinnacle tutorials. Filmora is very reasonably priced and I found it fairly easily to get to grips with and produce good results. I've since migrated to Adobe Premiere Pro and am very pleased with the results. Bit of a steep learning curve on that one though!

Edit:- I don't consider my PC as high end. Modest I'd say but it can edit 4K footage. Both Filmora and Adobe can produce a low res version (proxy) to edit on, and this works well on lesser specced computers - especially as you can ramp down the quality to whatever quality your PC is happiest with for editing purposes. Once you have finished the edit you then render it to whatever quality you want. It can take some time to render.

Thanks for beening realistic,thats the way things are,I am now starting on Adobe Premiere Elements video editor and seeing great results,yes it is worth the effort.
Davinci dident work for me too,..by the way "Greekislandlover" I am from Greece,thanks again for giving me confidence on this hard to start video editing.

How old of a computer do you have? What are you specs! And why did Davinci work for you? Complicated!? Or just did not work!? Thanks.

How old of a computer do you have? What are you specs! And why did Davinci work for you? Complicated!? Or just did not work!? Thanks.

My computer is, i5 3rd gen ,32gb ram and a video card PALIT VGA GeForce GT1030, NE5103000646-1080F, GDDR5 2048MB, 64bit .
Nothing special, in the limits I believe but I found Davinci Complicated in a way, you know to others its easy and other not.

Hi, I tried Davinci and it's not that it wouldn't run on my PC - I just didn't like the interface and didn't fancy the learning curve. Also, in part my son is in the film industry and can give me pointers in Adobe, so although it is a steeper learning curve it's nice to have a little support.

Thanks for beening realistic,thats the way things are,I am now starting on Adobe Premiere Elements video editor and seeing great results,yes it is worth the effort.
Davinci dident work for me too,..by the way "Greekislandlover" I am from Greece,thanks again for giving me confidence on this hard to start video editing.

Hi,

My user name comes because the first family holiday we had away from the UK was in Crete, and we have all loved Greece since then. My daughter did her university thesis on Eleftherius Venezalus and we've all visited various bits of Greece regularly since. Last time I was there we did a road trip from Athens to Thessaloniki taking in Meteora, Corinth and some of the Pelponese.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98