DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom after crash fly forward issue

Waheed5101

Reactions
Mavic2 zoom 2 hit the ground after low battery and then i checked with another battery, found that it is not moving forward but other movements are fine. I calibrate imu many time but no gain. Please help what should i do. Experts please

If you have the logs for a flight where this behaviour occurs please post them. For instructions on how to find them see DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Please note if you have an RC1B controller you will only get the .txt flight log on your phone, if you have an RC1A you will get both the .txt and .DAT flight logs on your phone.
I would try calibrating the controller's control sticks then try a test flight, that might not do anything but it will not hurt anything.
Also you might want to try switching the control stick modes and see what affect that has.

Thanks for your reply, these are the flight records.

Attachments

• 21-08-13-11-56-46_FLY097.DAT
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-08-13_[23-57-33].txt
    124.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-08-13_[23-44-14].txt
    764 KB · Views: 6
Going through the first .TXT log confirms that your AC can't get a heading speed as long as you apply a positive elevator stick command (right stick forward). All other commands is obeyed but as soon you go forward with the right stick the AC breaks.

(Click on the chart to make it larger, see legend in the bottom for what the graphs represent)
1628958873942.png

Checking the .TXT log events for the same log says this ...

1628959008813.png
And it's the same for the second much shorter flight where you attached both a .TXT & a .DAT log ...

From the . TXT event log:

1628959115520.png
And from the corresponding .DAT log event stream:

1628959181768.png

This gives a indication that something in the front obstacle detection sensor is damaged & needs to be repaired. If you either turn the OD sensors off or switch to Sport mode (OD off in that mode) I'm pretty sure that the AC will fly forward again.

Reactions: BudWalker
Going through the first .TXT log confirms that your AC can't get a heading speed as long as you apply a positive elevator stick command (right stick forward). All other commands is obeyed but as soon you go forward with the right stick the AC breaks.

(Click on the chart to make it larger, see legend in the bottom for what the graphs represent)
View attachment 133369

Checking the .TXT log events for the same log says this ...

View attachment 133370
And it's the same for the second much shorter flight where you attached both a .TXT & a .DAT log ...

From the . TXT event log:

View attachment 133371
And from the corresponding .DAT log event stream:

View attachment 133372

This gives a indication that something in the front obstacle detection sensor is damaged & needs to be repaired. If you either turn the OD sensors off or switch to Sport mode (OD off in that mode) I'm pretty sure that the AC will fly forward again.
Wow, bro it worked thanks alot for help you are a real day saviour. Be blessed.??
How can i repair the sensor and i think there are two sensors at the front plus how much will it cost? And will it work without these sensors?

...How can i repair the sensor...how much will it cost? And will it work without these sensors?
Depends on what's damaged ... most probably best to contact a DJI repair facility. Yeah sure, have the OD system turned off, and your craft will fly ... but don't think it's as simple as just disconnecting the front sensors internally, probably & system check that all is working if the OD system is turned on ... but you can try.

Reactions: Waheed5101
Depends on what's damaged ... most probably best to contact a DJI repair facility. Yeah sure, have the OD system turned off, and your craft will fly ... but don't think it's as simple as just disconnecting the front sensors internally, probably & system check that all is working if the OD system is turned on ... but you can try.
How to do system check.

How can i repair the sensor and i think there are two sensors at the front plus how much will it cost? And will it work without these sensors?
If the problem is with the actual sensor assembly then it is fairly easy to replace. I broke mine in my zoom when it nose dived after I tree'd it. Photo is of a sea soaked M2. They are available on ebay and banggood etc. etc.
BUT you need to split the shell and need 'spudgers' and a set of CORRECTLY fitting screw drivers.
If you decide to open the drone BE CAREFUL around the nose, the sensor ribbon cables are fairly exposed and possibly easily damaged if a spudger slips in too far ( not that that matters if the assembly is already defective).
I must have also opened my Pro to swap the sensors ( just for checking purposes) because in one of them the sensors were held in by two screws with 'sensibly' sized crosshead screwdriver slots, in the other drone the crosshead screwdriver slots were TINY and I ended up rounding one and, from memory, had to grip the edge of the screw head with fine wire cutters so that I could turn it out.
HOWEVER I recollect I had warnings concerning the error and was not allowed to take off, I can not remember if I tried sports mode and or switching the sensors off but I normally do not fly with the sensors on.

Attachments

• Mavic 2 front sensors (sea soaked).jpg
    Mavic 2 front sensors (sea soaked).jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Waheed5101
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members