DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom and iPad mini 5 - calibrate compass every time

syale

Reactions
I use either a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone or an iPad Mini 5 to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom. When using the S7 unless I have changed local position a lot it does not ask me to calibrate compass. Using the iPad however asks) me every time even when changing battery. The iPad is a wifi only device but I do connect a Bluetooth GPS unit (Dual Electronics XGPS150) to it. Is the fact that is is not the cellular version of the iPad causing this?

I use either a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone or an iPad Mini 5 to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom. When using the S7 unless I have changed local position a lot it does not ask me to calibrate compass. Using the iPad however asks) me every time even when changing battery. The iPad is a wifi only device but I do connect a Bluetooth GPS unit (Dual Electronics XGPS150) to it. Is the fact that is is not the cellular version of the iPad causing this?
The fact that the Ipad mini doesn't have GPS or using a Bluetooth GPS device shouldn't make any difference at all.
But neither should using an Android device or an Apple make any difference to the drone's compass calibration.

The fact that the Ipad mini doesn't have GPS or using a Bluetooth GPS device shouldn't make any difference at all.
But neither should using an Android device or an Apple make any difference to the drone's compass calibration.
That was my thought completely. I even deleted the Go 4 app and reinstalled and get the same thing.

I use an iPad Mini 4, non cell version. The only time I am asked to calibrate the compass is if I drive a long way to film.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S