DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Awesome Video Footage

Some good comparison video. He says the Zoom has sharper video than the Pro. He goes on to say the Zoom is the winner.

Last edited:
Some good comparison video. He says the Zoom has sharper video than the Pro. He goes on to say the Zoom is the winner.

No eh is just saying that the Zooms sharpens more but sharp means is not a better image quality ;)

This Video explains the Quality difference better :

The Pro 2 IS better cause of the 1 Inch Sensor with better Quality BUT to profit from this Quality you have to do post for your images and videos.
The Zoom was made for straight out of cam stuff , you can see it in the D-Cinlike its an linear Algorithm , D-LOG M at the Pro 2 is a Logarithmic Algorith.
So yeah , the Pro is for Professionals , the Zoom for Hobbyists

Great video of Seattle, which is my home city.
Near the city there are some helipads where helicopters (medivac) fly. Alki point to Boeing Field/Renton is approximately 8.1 miles and Seatc is down the road with approaches to runways 16L/C/R.

I always check this web site,as I am sure you did before flying, in places I may fly my drone to see if there could be a conflict.

U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly

Fly safe.

Reactions: E92Vancouver
Near the city there are some helipads where helicopters (medivac) fly. Alki point to Boeing Field/Renton is approximately 8.1 miles and Seatc is down the road with approaches to runways 16L/C/R.

I always check this web site,as I am sure you did before flying, in places I may fly my drone to see if there could be a conflict.

Fly safe.

Thanks. This was not my video.

Fly safe.

I live in Greenlake. Almost all OFF-limits. Just checked that site. I see this when clicking on an "airplane" icon:

"Airports (Recreational Rules)
BOEING FIELD/KING COUNTY INTL

ICAO: KBFI

Phone: +12064470204

Flight

Start Time: Jan 20, 2019 4:06 PM

Flight Time: 10 minutes

Radius: 1000 feet

Altitude: 100 ft

Aircraft: DJI - Phantom 4 Pro"

Does that mean someone filed a flight plan for a P4P drone?

I live in Greenlake. Almost all OFF-limits. Just checked that site. I see this when clicking on an "airplane" icon:

"Airports (Recreational Rules)
BOEING FIELD/KING COUNTY INTL

ICAO: KBFI

Phone: +12064470204

Flight

Start Time: Jan 20, 2019 4:06 PM

Flight Time: 10 minutes

Radius: 1000 feet

Altitude: 100 ft

Aircraft: DJI - Phantom 4 Pro"

Does that mean someone filed a flight plan for a P4P drone?

Not sure about the flight plan. You would probably have to have a waiver from the FAA to conduct the flight and inform BFI tower of your intentions. Alki point (saw some of that in the video) is very close to restricted places to fly as you know. I would have to check my Jepps charts for the TMA.

Not sure about the flight plan. You would probably have to have a waiver from the FAA to conduct the flight and inform BFI tower of your intentions. Alki point (saw some of that in the video) is very close to restricted places to fly as you know. I would have to check my Jepps charts for the TMA.

I know you can't launch from any public property including parks and streets in Seattle. But I did fly in my yard. About a week after I got mine, I suddenly had a restriction. Being a non-sports person, I did not think of Husky Stadium. There was a game and so my property was even restricted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose