Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom C1 and C2 buttons

GFields

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
digitalphotocreations.co
If this question has been asked and answered, I'm sorry for asking again. I did a search and could not find anything if it has.

First of all, I am NOT a newb and have five DJI drones and have been flying for more than 5 years. But this problem has me stumped

I am trying to customize the C1 and C2 buttons. more specifically. I would like to use C2 button for "auxiliary bottom light" however, and although I am able to make the selection, it doesn't work. In fact, of all the options, only a few will work. This is on both C1 and C2 buttons. I don't know if there is a defect in the controller, or what. You would think that the buttons would either work or wouldn't. But why they will on say "navigation" but not on camera up and down" is mind-boggling.

Any help would be appreciated.

That does seem a little odd. I have the c2 set for bottom light and it works fine. I have at times had to hit the button more than once. If it’s a real issue and it’s still under warranty, I’d call em.

That does seem a little odd. I have the c2 set for bottom light and it works fine. I have at times had to hit the button more than once. If it’s a real issue and it’s still under warranty, I’d call em.
hi Starz you have to press the c2 3 times because it goes into (auto on and off) it gives a message on screen which tells you what mode your in. hope this helps

That is something I am aware of. I do find some inconsistencies with it at times.

I contacted DJI and they are as puzzled as I am. Being familiar with electronics, I would think the C1 and C2 buttons would work (completely) or not at all. The fact that they will work with some of the functions but not all is puzzling. At first, DJI wanted me to send the entire system (including aircraft) but I question why not just the remote. Finally, DJI has provided me with a case number and shipping label to send the controller back. If the replacement does the same thing I guess the entire unit goes back. From my experience with DJI, I guess I can expect to not be able to use the Mavic 2 Zoom for another 3 weeks

If you are using the DJI goggles it disables your re-assignment of the c1 c2 buttons for the bottom light. This happened to me.

I sent the remote controller to DJI and they sent it back saying that they could not find anything wrong with it. I tried again with the same results (C1 nor C2 would not turn the underneath light on or off. I then tried using my iPad mini 4 and it worked! So, as it turns out (at least for me) this issue is when using the Crystalsky. When you consider the amount of money spent on the Chrystalsky, you would think that DJI would make sure everything worked using it before they even tested on other platforms.

Interesting. I use the iPad mini 4 too and the button reassignment works fine. It's typical that the goggles reassign the buttons but maybe the crystal sky is recognized in the same way the goggles are or something. The reassignment with the goggles is frustrating and limiting in my opinion. Hope you get it straightened out.

Interesting. I use the iPad mini 4 too and the button reassignment works fine. It's typical that the goggles reassign the buttons but maybe the crystal sky is recognized in the same way the goggles are or something. The reassignment with the goggles is frustrating and limiting in my opinion. Hope you get it straightened out.

Yes, it works fine with the iPad mini, but not the Crystalsky. Only three or four of the functions work when I use the Crystalsky. I guess on those bright sunny days when I need to use the Crystalsky I won't need the underneath lights on the MZ anyway lol

Reactions: strdr
I think I have solved part of the problem. C1 and C2 do NOT work at all unless you have an attached monitor. If flying LOS using only the controller without my ipad Air attached, no joy. As far as CrystalSky not working, I have no clue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio