DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom charger stopped charging controller

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My Mavic 2 charger stopped charging the controller. The attached charging cord wont charge the controller. I tried plugging in a different cord into the charger but it still wont charge. Will using my Samsung Note 8 charger work? Will that damage the controller? The Mavic charger still charges the aircraft batteries just fine.

You might have broken the charge port on the side of the controller. Happens to people all the time.

Can you take a closeup picture of the charge port?

My Mavic 2 charger stopped charging the controller. The attached charging cord wont charge the controller. I tried plugging in a different cord into the charger but it still wont charge. Will using my Samsung Note 8 charger work? Will that damage the controller? The Mavic charger still charges the aircraft batteries just fine.
Another charger will work but make sure that you use the correct cable and that the orientation is correct. While the port looks rectangular and accommodates a very rare cable, it is a micro-b usb port which is actually trapezoidal. The shorter end should be up. Kind of like:
. ___
/____\

The cable that is built into the charger doesn't work. Any cable you plug into the charger doesn't work. The charger only charges the aircraft battery. Thanks for all the replies but I still don't know if I use the Samsung Note 8 charger will harm the controller.

The cable that is built into the charger doesn't work. Any cable you plug into the charger doesn't work. The charger only charges the aircraft battery. Thanks for all the replies but I still don't know if I use the Samsung Note 8 charger will harm the controller.
I just plugged the Samsung charger into the controller and the controller is now charging. Really hope it doesn't ruin the controller. Thoughts anyone?

If your Samsung charger has the same voltage and amperage output as the DJI charger, you should be OK.

Reactions: ff22
Thanks for all the replies! The Samsung charger seems to be working fine. It's a shame the DJI charger failed like this.

The port is another one of those "Why did DJI do it like that?" questions.
The controller's port looks like this:

When it should look like this:

@370Z2017 , do yourself a favor before the tab inside the RC is damaged. Get a magnetic tip cable, put the tip in and leave it in all the time. It will not cause any problems. Use the bottom port on the RC to connect to your display.
As stated above the charging port on the Remote Control is a micro USB cable. With the RC screen up, the charging tip should be oriented as shown in thread #4

Reactions: BigWillie
The port is another one of those "Why did DJI do it like that?" questions.
The controller's port looks like this:
View attachment 71634

When it should look like this:
View attachment 71635

It is odd that they used a pretty non-standard "socket". So either they got them really cheap or the manufacturer just wanted the inventory gone and paid DJI to use the darn things! They are an accident waiting to happen.

Quick question on the Mavic 2 Controller Charging.....when I finished flying today, I plugged my controller in and it registered 67% battery. That was at 6:30am this morning. It's now 6pm this evening and it's only at 91%. Does anyone have any ideas what this problem might be? It's never taken this long before. What if I had an afternoon shoot? Help! Thanks!

Quick question on the Mavic 2 Controller Charging.....when I finished flying today, I plugged my controller in and it registered 67% battery. That was at 6:30am this morning. It's now 6pm this evening and it's only at 91%. Does anyone have any ideas what this problem might be? It's never taken this long before. What if I had an afternoon shoot? Help! Thanks!
I'll ask: same charger and cable? Was it OFF or ON when charging? You might just want to try a different charger/cable.

Reactions: Thomas B
I just plugged the Samsung charger into the controller and the controller is now charging. Really hope it doesn't ruin the controller. Thoughts anyone?
I have been using my Samsung note 8 charger and cable since I first posted. Works just fine to charge the remote.

You can use a silver colored sharpie to mark one side of the connector to keep the proper orientation of it when you plug it in each time.

Reactions: Thomas B
I only use those awesome "reversible" micro usb cables they work both ways no worries about breaking that **** connector ever again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka