DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I looked out the window at the sunny day, and thought No Rain or Snow so no reason to fly , but than this happened,
Only had time to grab an Ipad for this freak storm before the Ipad went dead. Phantomrain.org

Because the Battery is so vulnerable to the rain, be warned do not try this without the Mavic 2 Wet Suit or you will short out that battery as water seeps in quickly into the seams around the entire battery.

We use a neoprene Cover to protect the seams and create a much better seal keeping the water out.

On the Phantom 4 pro the Neoprene suits were a game changer but you never really felt the neoprene as you do with the Mavic , the Neoprene provides protection for the entire base of the drone and the legs from wear marks..

The compression cones fold into legs slots when closed.
You can check out more footage and pictures at phantomrain.org
If you are from Europe , the website is currently not working as new privacy laws are put into place.

You can email me [email protected] and I will be glad to send you an email with the catalog of Wet Suits for the Zoom / Pro

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor

Last edited:
Any plans to make a wetsuit for the original Mavic Pro/ Platinum?

Yes , they will be posted soon, same color styles and designs. your going to love the feel of the Neoprene its squeezable. keep checking the website. Thank you., I will keep you posted on this thread.

Update this post with the release as I will just subscribe to the post rather than going to the website again and again ...

I looked out the window at the sunny day, and thought No Rain or Snow so no reason to fly , but than this happened,
Only had time to grab an Ipad for this freak storm before the Ipad went dead. Phantomrain.org

Because the Battery is so vulnerable to the rain, be warned do not try this without the Mavic 2 Wet Suit or you will short out that battery as water gets in so quick.

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor

Where's a link to the Mavic 2 wetsuit? I'm having trouble navigating around the site.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Where's a link to the Mavic 2 wetsuit? I'm having trouble navigating around the site.

phantomrain.org

Should be top of the page: Slide show :
4 styles to choose from but all the same design: Click on the arrow and scroll thru about 50 pictures each one showing off the drone in flight..

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi all,
Are these available in Europe?
Website will not open here.
d056dfa4cc3be1b7d5ec872b9b70b75c.jpg

Thanks in advance

Hi all,
Are these available in Europe?
Website will not open here.
d056dfa4cc3be1b7d5ec872b9b70b75c.jpg

Thanks in advance

You can email us at [email protected] and we can email you the catalog.
Thank you

We now have the BLOCK lifted for most Countries, exception Korea and Singapore.
Not sure why Singapore but it wont work.

Last edited:
How much does the Mavic 2 one weigh?

We use Closed Cell Neoprene and a Tac 3m Adhesive, it weighs in less than 1/2 ounce. .04 the Neoprenes thickness changes throughout the shape of the drone in order to keep the engineering of the drone fold up operations in tact.

Do these inhibit the flight in any way? Are the sensors covered? How are the motors and/or camera protected? Are there plans on making them for the remote?

Do these inhibit the flight in any way? Are the sensors covered? How are the motors and/or camera protected? Are there plans on making them for the remote?

No the Wet Suits do not interefere in any way to the flight, at less than a 1/2 ounce no affect at all. All the sensors still work and we do have the covers for the Remote , i just have not posted them.

One of the perks of the Wet Suit is how it changes the feel of the drone from being like a tool in your hand that can slip to that more secure squeeze when you pick it up or catch it , or just put it away. Im loving that.

No the Wet Suits do not interefere in any way to the flight, at less than a 1/2 ounce no affect at all. All the sensors still work and we do have the covers for the Remote , i just have not posted them.

One of the perks of the Wet Suit is how it changes the feel of the drone from being like a tool in your hand that can slip to that more secure squeeze when you pick it up or catch it , or just put it away. Im loving that.

Thanks! Just ordered mine! How long for shipping to Virginia?

Thanks! Just ordered mine! How long for shipping to Virginia?

Everything ships out priority mail : So Wednesday you should have it. Email me as the first 100 people get Two styles with there order.

So you can get and eclipse and a trauma 1 or ect.

Reactions: Chip
Looks like a good idea. What keeps the fan from sucking in water? Im concerned about it hitting the boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis
Looks like a good idea. What keeps the fan from sucking in water? Im concerned about it hitting the boards.

Could you be just a bit more specific, do you mean the props or which vents ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929