DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Firmware 0670 updated and issues faced

DearAman

Reactions
Hi there.. I wanted to know if many of you are facing similar issues after the latest aircraft Firmware Update from last week. I came here to check on similar posts but have found them locked for replying, so hopefully Im not breaking bounds by posting my own...

So, I have a few things to say about the update:

Firstly, I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh and due to the heavy clouds and rains here the last few days, I could only wait till earlier today to test out the new Firmware (0670) update, in flight.
Im not very happy and am considering downgrading, overall.
Ok so when i took off and was taking some 360 panoramic shots, I noticed the camera started to take black and white photos in the sequence of photos, and the camera interface on my smart controller, became grey.. like when it says 25, 40, 50% and the photos is completed..
Grey means.. I can't click on the shutter click button to take another picture.. and on-screen interface just froze. And now, 200 meters away my screen being frozen, I cannot switch to any adjustments modes or switch to video.. anything to get my situational or visual reference back for safe flying. Its well after twilight and the skies are dark.

That was odd, but I remained airborne.

Then the screen or transmission came back. Then I noticed the camera giving Sepia colors dominant, which has also never happened before the upgrade. And then I sent the quad to about 350 meters distance at a height of about 120 meters when although I had Full Bar signal strength, my remote just simply disconnected from the aircraft. (!!!)
It was dark and I had to turn On the front Red LEDs to get a visual reference and brought my quad back without the HUD for guidance on my controller, and somehow the flight controls remained without visual interface, flying blindly and l somehow, landed safely.
Well, not without some anxiety!
I was pretty sure during this time that due to the upgrade, my RTH would have been set to some default settings and also the sensors wouldn't have worked to avoid a crash into some structure, had RTH activated at this point, because a frozen screen meant that i cannot access the battery menu to reduce the 25%-Battery-Left RTH Activation set by the upgrade, as default. Lucky for me that I have a good sense of my bearing around the area and remembered which direction my quad was pointed and without turning it to fly home, I paralled the direction of the smart controller with the alignment of the quad's last forward position and used the right control stick to simply point back towards my position as I would have been facing it's general direction... while using the left control stick for climbing in altitude to avoid any buildings.
Its worked. Brought it back and managed a good landing.

So that was that.

Some further notes are about the Battery discharge settings have been adjusted to 2 days, and Battery remaining set to 25%. I also noted a difference where i didn't get Tripod Mode slow and stable speed attitude from the quad... the Mavic 2 Zoom simply behaved like it was on P mode.
And lastly, upon takeoff, even at hover, the quad was very unstable and moving this way and that way as if comet Neowise and Starlink Satellites have eaten all other satellites but I have to check later if That Drunken Attitude from my drone was due to the fact that i was so much in a rush for the test flight that I gleefully went skywards without calibrating the compass! Ill check on that later")

Hope this information helps, and I'm open to hear of Your Similar experiences.
Ultimately, this will be too dangerous to risk and I may have to downgrade to the previous, 'safer' version.

Cheers!
We Are Family!! :)

Hi there.. I wanted to know if many of you are facing similar issues after the latest aircraft Firmware Update from last week. I came here to check on similar posts but have found them locked for replying, so hopefully Im not breaking bounds by posting my own...

So, I have a few things to say about the update:

Firstly, I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh and due to the heavy clouds and rains here the last few days, I could only wait till earlier today to test out the new Firmware (0670) update, in flight.
Im not very happy and am considering downgrading, overall.
Ok so when i took off and was taking some 360 panoramic shots, I noticed the camera started to take black and white photos in the sequence of photos, and the camera interface on my smart controller, became grey.. like when it says 25, 40, 50% and the photos is completed..
Grey means.. I can't click on the shutter click button to take another picture.. and on-screen interface just froze. And now, 200 meters away my screen being frozen, I cannot switch to any adjustments modes or switch to video.. anything to get my situational or visual reference back for safe flying. Its well after twilight and the skies are dark.

That was odd, but I remained airborne.

Then the screen or transmission came back. Then I noticed the camera giving Sepia colors dominant, which has also never happened before the upgrade. And then I sent the quad to about 350 meters distance at a height of about 120 meters when although I had Full Bar signal strength, my remote just simply disconnected from the aircraft. (!!!)
It was dark and I had to turn On the front Red LEDs to get a visual reference and brought my quad back without the HUD for guidance on my controller, and somehow the flight controls remained without visual interface, flying blindly and l somehow, landed safely.
Well, not without some anxiety!
I was pretty sure during this time that due to the upgrade, my RTH would have been set to some default settings and also the sensors wouldn't have worked to avoid a crash into some structure, had RTH activated at this point, because a frozen screen meant that i cannot access the battery menu to reduce the 25%-Battery-Left RTH Activation set by the upgrade, as default. Lucky for me that I have a good sense of my bearing around the area and remembered which direction my quad was pointed and without turning it to fly home, I paralled the direction of the smart controller with the alignment of the quad's last forward position and used the right control stick to simply point back towards my position as I would have been facing it's general direction... while using the left control stick for climbing in altitude to avoid any buildings.
Its worked. Brought it back and managed a good landing.

So that was that.

Some further notes are about the Battery discharge settings have been adjusted to 2 days, and Battery remaining set to 25%. I also noted a difference where i didn't get Tripod Mode slow and stable speed attitude from the quad... the Mavic 2 Zoom simply behaved like it was on P mode.
And lastly, upon takeoff, even at hover, the quad was very unstable and moving this way and that way as if comet Neowise and Starlink Satellites have eaten all other satellites but I have to check later if That Drunken Attitude from my drone was due to the fact that i was so much in a rush for the test flight that I gleefully went skywards without calibrating the compass! Ill check on that later")

Hope this information helps, and I'm open to hear of Your Similar experiences.
Ultimately, this will be too dangerous to risk and I may have to downgrade to the previous, 'safer' version.

Cheers!
We Are Family!! :)
You didn't get tripod mode because the update turned off "intelligent flight modes" in the software. You'll have to turn that option back on.

Reactions: DearAman
Took it out yesterday after upgradiing bird AND controller. Did you update both?. Only issue I THINK I had was bringing it it to land. Let off the left stick and she didn't slow. Gave her some juice and she stopped. I dunno....maybe I was just coming in too fast.
I've had that grey screen/freeze thing happen on the old firmware. Was flying about 2000 feet out and took it too low to the water and it lost connection. That increased the heartrate significantly. RTH kicked in and home she headed, regaining connection almost as soon as she hit RTH height.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada