DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - Gimbal/Camera Question

ccurry

Reactions
Sometimes when stopping or letting off the sticks suddenly at full speed the camera will force itself down or shift down from the stop, causing me to have to move the camera to regular position using the remote. Just happened the other day when stopping. I don’t typically stop suddenly, but let off the sticks to quickly this time.

I take it this is normal when stopping like that. I doubt it’s something you want to continually repeat.

Just want to make sure it’s normal and nothing to be concerned about, only happened once.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The gimbal is gyro stabilized. Sudden stops, starts, yaws and rolls make it hard to find the horizon. If you push it to its limits, it will take a while for it to catch up to the drone.

When I say gimbal I mean camera. The camera can move up or down, when stopping suddenly it forces its self down or moves to the down position.

Same thing? Is it normal?

I don't think the camera should move down. Maybe briefly physically as the drone tilts up so to keep the image stable, but once it stops and levels off, camera should position back, again to maintain steady image.
In other words, image should be pretty much stable during and after braking.
Someone else had that problem I think.

I don't think the camera should move down. Maybe briefly physically as the drone tilts up so to keep the image stable, but once it stops and levels off, camera should position back, again to maintain steady image.
In other words, image should be pretty much stable during and after braking.
Someone else had that problem I think.

Yes but this could take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute depending on how abrupt the movement was that made it tilt down in the first place..

Horizontal roll maybe but pitch should be instantaneous or near instantaneous, shouldn't it?

I'll have to test this. I'm sure it stabilized immediately even with a hard break.

Reactions: Former Member
I actually noticed this on mine earlier this week. A few quicker stops and I noticed that the camera had shifted downwards up to 15 degrees I think. I don't recall seeing that before, but maybe I hadn't stopped as quickly before or just didn't realize it before. I'll have to experiment. I thought it was weird.

No, as Thunderdrones mentioned, it's happening with quick braking. I guess it's normal. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't notice this behavior before, but I have recently turned off the option to allow the gimbal to rotate up 15 degrees. It was enabled up until the last 3 or 4 flights, so maybe that makes a difference. Will have to experiment.

Just testing

My Mavic Air did the same thing, it stopped suddenly which caused the camera to move downward as well. I had to use the controller to move it back to normal position. It happens with my Mavic 2 Zoom as well, but only happened once when braking hard. So I was just curious if it was normal or something to be concerned about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair